Dak turns down offer from Cowboys, (reportedly) wants 40m a year (1 Viewer)

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think hes a 20mil a year qb. Brees and Brady are both playing for 25. Their age, desire to win and total career earnings obviously play a role in this. But Dak isn't half the QB Brady is. I can't see how they can be competitive paying that man 30 mil a year.
I don't think they can remain competitive giving him that kind of mega deal. They have a great young defense but it will be difficult to keep that defense together if they tie up that much money in Dak. Not to mention the huge deals Zeke and Cooper will get.

Even die hard Cowboys fans have to be nervous right now. There's just no upside to this deal.

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dak's a 3rd tier QB, probably worth 25M. QB's keep improving up in their 30's, so he could some day become a tier 1 or 2 QB, but not now.

Last edited:

shaihulud

East Jefferson High, 1967
Reaction score
Let him have it! With no problem. Haven't seen his spot in 20 years. Now I gotta go to youtube and find the old Rosenberg commercials. "1825 Tuuuulane".
Wow! I have not lived in New Orleans for over 50 years and I STILL remember that advertisement!!!

Reaction score
Funny you chose the “less than 75 yards stat.” Zeke had exactly 75 when they beat us last year.
SEE?! The proof is in the pudding! If only we could’ve held him to one less yard! We were so close to victory!

:hihi:

This is not the way to look at it
We ALSO want them to give zeke the moon and have them fight over it
That is true too!

So Dez Bryant said this yesterday,
Test that man for CTE.

JackT.

was Jake from State Farm
Reaction score
I think the cowgirls should make him the highest paid player ever with 50 mil a year. maybe 60. even though it is false, that contract would screw up any team's salary cap, and besides atlanta, I would love the cowgirls cap to be blown up.

dapperdan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I think the cowgirls should make him the highest paid player ever with 50 mil a year. maybe 60. even though it is false, that contract would screw up any team's salary cap, and besides atlanta, I would love the cowgirls cap to be blown up.
I don't think the report was false. There have been way too many reports that verify it.

saintfan1972

Full Time Fan
Reaction score
I'm sorry but no player is worth 40 mil. Especially Dak. 20 mil tops in my opinion

Innominate

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He'll get 30+ mill bc the cowboys, like every other team, does not have the fortitude to stop this runaway train. The next "guy" will make even more. The next WR will get more than Mike. The next DE will get top$ and on and on. Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Playmaker0017

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What QB tier would Dak be on? To me he's a tier 3, maybe even tier 4 QB.

Tier 1 - Brady, Brees, Luck, Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes

Tier 2 - Watson, Rivers, Big Ben, Baker, Wentz, Goff

Tier 3 - Jimmy G, Stafford, Ryan, Cousins, Dak?

Tier 4 - Carr, Cam, Darnold, Trubisky, Winston, Mariota
Just had to LOL at Ryan being in tier 3

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom