Dak turns down offer from Cowboys, (reportedly) wants 40m a year (1 Viewer)

I think the cowgirls should make him the highest paid player ever with 50 mil a year. maybe 60. even though it is false, that contract would screw up any team's salary cap, and besides atlanta, I would love the cowgirls cap to be blown up.
I don't think the report was false. There have been way too many reports that verify it.

I'm sorry but no player is worth 40 mil. Especially Dak. 20 mil tops in my opinion

He'll get 30+ mill bc the cowboys, like every other team, does not have the fortitude to stop this runaway train. The next "guy" will make even more. The next WR will get more than Mike. The next DE will get top$ and on and on. Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

What QB tier would Dak be on? To me he's a tier 3, maybe even tier 4 QB.

Tier 1 - Brady, Brees, Luck, Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes

Tier 2 - Watson, Rivers, Big Ben, Baker, Wentz, Goff

Tier 3 - Jimmy G, Stafford, Ryan, Cousins, Dak?

Tier 4 - Carr, Cam, Darnold, Trubisky, Winston, Mariota

Just had to LOL at Ryan being in tier 3

Leaving the $40M per aside (that report was never really verified), the question of Dak's contract is still interesting.

To those on here who think Dak's just a game manager worth $20M, he was 25 of 32 for 405 yards and 4 TD's (perfect 158.3 rating) yesterday against a division team.

I'm just here to point out that we shouldn't judge Dak's suckness based on one game... The Giants are a BAD team, with a BAD defense... He had a great game... he's still not an Elite ($$) QB yet. That said, I hope the Cowboys pay him like he's the best QB on the planet, because he's not, and I hate the Cowboys... Carry on.

I think the market has been set. He's got to get more guaranteed than Goff and around the same annual amount as Wentz. That's probably 33-35 mil.

Leaving the $40M per aside (that report was never really verified), the question of Dak's contract is still interesting.

To those on here who think Dak's just a game manager worth $20M, he was 25 of 32 for 405 yards and 4 TD's (perfect 158.3 rating) yesterday against a division team.

i think the "elite" term is reserved for those players that have that ability to elevate the game of the players around them. Handful exist.

I guess if i was wondering if Dak was "elite", i would ask myself if you put him on another team, without Cobb, Cooper or Elliot, is he able to consistently break 70% completion and win games?

I personally think he is knocking on the door of elite status. But still in that 2nd tier behind Drew and Brady.

He certainly better than Matt Ryan :)

I think the market has been set. He's got to get more guaranteed than Goff and around the same annual amount as Wentz. That's probably 33-35 mil.

I agree that Wentz's deal is probably the baseline for Dak. It's in the division and Prescott's overall resume is certainly not lesser than Wentz's is. Yes, Carson had an MVP type year but Dak's career numbers are better. Plus, Dak has never missed a game - that's meanginful, there's value in that when you're also productive. Ask the Eagles about whether Wentz's durability is a concern.

i think the "elite" term is reserved for those players that have that ability to elevate the game of the players around th

Agree, but I would add in my definition of "elite" for a QB in the NFL that there should be at minimum a 5 year body of work to be able to judge consistency and durability.

I agree that Wentz's deal is probably the baseline for Dak. It's in the division and Prescott's overall resume is certainly not lesser than Wentz's is. Yes, Carson had an MVP type year but Dak's career numbers are better. Plus, Dak has never missed a game - that's meanginful, there's value in that when you're also productive. Ask the Eagles about whether Wentz's durability is a concern.

i think some of the "over-shadowing" comes from having Elliot as your RB. A great run game will take some of the limelight off the QB.

i think the "elite" term is reserved for those players that have that ability to elevate the game of the players around them. Handful exist.

I guess if i was wondering if Dak was "elite", i would ask myself if you put him on another team, without Cobb, Cooper or Elliot, is he able to consistently break 70% completion and win games?

I personally think he is knocking on the door of elite status. But still in that 2nd tier behind Drew and Brady.

He certainly better than Matt Ryan :)

I'm not really sure what an arbitrary label like 'elite' means for a quarterback's contract value. I think what matters is what the team believes the QB can do for them. If the team believes the QB will be reliable to regularly compete in all games, regularly vie for a division title (barring other contingencies), and be a source of strength and competitiveness in the playoffs, that QB is going to be worth top dollar in the market. Because your choice is to sign the QB at the market top dollar or expose the QB to free agency - and if he leaves you're back at square one.

If the team doesn't believe those things, but rather thinks something lesser of the QB - for example, that he can't compete for a divisional title without a better than average defense, then the value comes down.

I'm not saying Dak is all of those things. I'm just saying what I think the analysis looks like.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom