Dak turns down offer from Cowboys, (reportedly) wants 40m a year (1 Viewer)

Cowboys offered 30 mil per year, which is way too high, and he turned it down.....but 40 mil??? Outrageous.

I think $30M is about right - the top 6 are now at $30M or more per and the numbers always go up each year. Cousins and Garoppolo are at $28M and $27.5M per respectively and it's not like those guys are so much better than Dak. Dak wins 2/3 of his starts, his career rating is 96. He doesn't throw many picks and he adds a rushing element (avg. 6 rushing TDs per year) to go with it.

Seems like $30M is the right number. $40M is loony but I think that report is going to end up being false or substantially misleading.

We may be in the same boat soon.

Maybe, but I dont think it will be that bad..

I dont see Bridgewater going for anything more than 20 per year, most of the teams are pretty well set at QB now

Kamara will need an extension next offseason, along with Peat, we can still drag Lattimore along a few more years if needed on his current deal

Maybe, but I dont think it will be that bad..

I dont see Bridgewater going for anything more than 20 per year, most of the teams are pretty well set at QB now

Kamara will need an extension next offseason, along with Peat, we can still drag Lattimore along a few more years if needed on his current deal

I think Drew comes back for a couple years. Maybe he'll give us a break again with a 2 yr/50 mil deal. But let's say he retires. I don't think Teddy would sign a longterm contract below market value just because he's unproven. I think he would want a 1 year 15 or 20mil contract. And then if he has a great season, go for the 30mil+ everyone else is getting.

The only way around having one of the highest paid QBs, RBs, and WRs is to draft a replacement for Drew or AK.

What QB tier would Dak be on? To me he's a tier 3, maybe even tier 4 QB.

Tier 1 - Brady, Brees, Luck, Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes

Tier 2 - Watson, Rivers, Big Ben, Baker, Wentz, Goff

Tier 3 - Jimmy G, Stafford, Ryan, Cousins, Dak?

Tier 4 - Carr, Cam, Darnold, Trubisky, Winston, Mariota

He's not a $40 million a year QB.

Dak didn't even perform until they got Cooper added to the fold and the Dallas offense struggled mightily until Coopers arrival...Dak would have to put together a deep playoff season for the Cowboys to be comfortable enough to pay that.

I agree. I’m a Dak fan but he has issues. His qb rating is inconsistent.

A 30mm a year qb has to he tops in accuracy, td/int ratio and qb rating overall and Dak simply isn’t that guy. He’s not even close. A 40mm guy better have a ring

Problem for Dallas

Last edited:
I'm not trying to throw shade on Dak... But I think $30 Million a year is too much... You can make a legitimate argument that he's the 5th best player on his own team (and he deserves top 5 QB money?)

What QB tier would Dak be on? To me he's a tier 3, maybe even tier 4 QB.

Tier 1 - Brady, Brees, Luck, Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes

Tier 2 - Watson, Rivers, Big Ben, Baker, Wentz, Goff

Tier 3 - Jimmy G, Stafford, Ryan, Cousins, Dak?

Tier 4 - Carr, Cam, Darnold, Trubisky, Winston, Mariota

I don't see how Dak can be tier 4 on any standard - some of those guys are really struggling and/or haven't had anywhere near the success Dak has had. Carr is a huge question mark after starting fairly strong. Mariota might lose his starting job. Darnold (edit) who knows. Trubisky just isn't there yet and might not get there. Winston can't stay healthy.

Avg. annual pay of tier 3: $28.125M

Last edited:
I agree. I’m a Dak fan but he has issues. His qb rating is below 85!

A 30mm a year qb has to he tops in accuracy, td/int ratio and qb rating overall and Dak simply isn’t that guy. He’s not even close. A 40mm guy better have a ring

Problem for Dallas

Dak's career rating is 96.

Tier 1 - Brady, Brees, Rodgers

Tier 2 - Ryan, Wilson, Luck, Rivers, Mahomes (need more than one year to be Tier 1 imo), Rapelisberger

Big gap

Tier 3 - Wentz, Goff, Newton, Stafford

Tier 4 - Watson, Cousins

Tier 5 - Garoppolo, Dak, Carr, Trubisky

Everyone else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom