Dak turns down offer from Cowboys, (reportedly) wants 40m a year (2 Viewers)

One I hope Elliot holds out for at least 6 weeks. Two, if report is true I have one question. Dak how high or drunk are you.

I would love to see Zeke to miss our game but I’ve heard he doesn’t want to lose any game checks. Dallas has an easy 3 games to start the season. I think they’ll make sure he’s back for our game.

No its really not. Look at what some of the recent QB contracts have been. Cousins is about that and Dak is roughly equal in ability when you consider his threat to run. Also look at Derek Carr, Jimmy Garopollo.

So Dak is worth $30M/year because those teams were stupid enough to overpay their average to slightly above-average QB’s?

Prescott also has never thrown for over 4,000 yards in a season nor more than 23 TD’s in a season. Over the last 4 seasons, Cousins has averaged 4,368 yards and 27.8 TD’s as a starter.

While Prescott’s numbers are similar to Carr, Carr has 16 4th quarter comebacks on his resumé, twice as many as Prescott with 8. Carr also hasn’t benefited from the level of OL and RB play Prescott has. You put Carr on the Cowboys last year and they still make the playoffs. You put Prescott on the Raiders last year and they would’ve been lucky to win the 4 games that they did.

Correct if I'm wrong but drew doesn't even make 30m a year right now

His cap number is up there but that’s because we’ve pushed money back. His last deal was 2 years, 50 mil. And he gave us a deal because quarterbacks were signing for 30mil/yr at the time.

CRAY CRAY!!

That's ridiculous

He deserves to get paid but 40 mil a year is pushing it.

IMO hes just an average QB, there needs to be some sort of Tier with these QB Contracts

Instead of it just being the next guy who is up is going to be paid more then everyone else.

Either that or they need to do away with the Hard Salary Cap.

But heck I dont care, I hope he gets it.

All that's going to do is hurt that franchise.

So Dak is worth $30M/year because those teams were stupid enough to overpay their average to slightly above-average QB’s?

Pretty much, yes. It's called a market. True "worth" isn't nearly as relevant as market value.

I like Dak but I think his ceiling is probably Joe Flacco, no way he is worth $30m/yr

Edit: I meant he's not worth $40m/yr, but that turned out to be inaccurate apparently.

Prbably he is worth about $30m/yr but not a whole lot more

Dak will never be undefeated during a season in the post season and lead a team to a SB win. Flacco may be overrated but still was light years better than Dak in his prime.

Pretty much, yes. It's called a market. True "worth" isn't nearly as relevant as market value.

I'd tell Prescott to take his market value and shove it. He can sit out and even if they bomb this year, they can have pick of the litter on whatever QB they want in the 2020 Draft and that QB could likely average 3600 yards, 22 TD's, and a 66% completion percentage.

He's not the cog that keeps that engine running, it's Zeke and that OL. In his rookie season, the Cowboys offense was 5th in points. In 2017 they fell to 14th. Last year they were 22nd.

With Prescott at QB, the Cowboys are 0-7 in games where Elliott has less than 75 yards rushing (0-8 including their playoff loss against the Rams last year). Conversely, they are 28-6 when he gains 75 yards or more.

Prescott is nothing but a game manager.

30 mil/year offered, if true, for a QB that has not won a SB is nuts!

I'd tell Prescott to take his market value and shove it. He can sit out and even if they bomb this year, they can have pick of the litter on whatever QB they want in the 2020 Draft and that QB could likely average 3600 yards, 22 TD's, and a 66% completion percentage.

He's not the cog that keeps that engine running, it's Zeke and that OL. In his rookie season, the Cowboys offense was 5th in points. In 2017 they fell to 14th. Last year they were 22nd.

With Prescott at QB, the Cowboys are 0-7 in games where Elliott has less than 75 yards rushing (0-8 including their playoff loss against the Rams last year). Conversely, they are 28-6 when he gains 75 yards or more.

Prescott is nothing but a game manager.

Yeah, there's definitely that case to be made. Some of that has to do with game planning, and what the players are being asked to do but $30M is a lot to pay a game manager.

I really don't care one way or the other - but they see him every day and in the film room and if they have offered that to him as reported, it's because they think he's their guy. There's a case to be made from his short career that is capable.

We'll see.

Yeah, there's definitely that case to be made. Some of that has to do with game planning, and what the players are being asked to do but $30M is a lot to pay a game manager.

I really don't care one way or the other - but they see him every day and in the film room and if they have offered that to him as reported, it's because they think he's their guy. There's a case to be made from his short career that is capable.

We'll see.

I mean, as a non-Cowboys fan I hope they give him the moon, honestly. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom