Dak Wants Mahomes Like Money (1 Viewer)

Are you sure that's what we're talking about? Dak wants a 4 year contract. The report from last summer was they agreed on dollars. I believe that was 35mil year. But Dallas wanted 5 years and Dak wanted 4 years. If a 5th year were added he would want 45mil for that year. So now you're saying he wants a 10 year contract for 400 million? I think Jerry would give him that if he would sign for 10 years. He won't because he knows he'll be severely underpaid in 5 years.

Of course I'm not sure if that's what we're talking about. I have no idea what the actual facts are. I'm just responding to the op with a knee jerk reaction.

I like Dak. But he’s not anywhere near Mahomes, who is in a league of his own right now.

If things go sour with Dallas, I’d love to see us make a play for Dak. See what type of contract we could draw up and if Dallas would match, assuming they franchise him. But it would have to be a Loomis special where we are still able to build a solid team around him and absorb the big cap $ down the road.

Yeah, no Dak is better than Andy Dalton but I think he's closer to Andy Dalton than he is Patrick Mahomes. Early in Dalton's career he was a good QB. The first five years of his career the Bengals averaged 10-6 and went to the playoffs all five seasons. They even won the AFC North twice. Dalton was named to the Pro Bowl team twice during that span.

Through Dak's first 5 seasons the Cowboys have made the playoffs twice. They won the NFC East twice. Dak has gone to two Pro Bowls. In his four full seasons the Cowboys have averaged 10-6.
True but compared to Romo and Carter he's the best QB prospect they've had since Aikman. I don't think Dak has reached his ceiling, partially because Jerry doesn't know how to run a franchise but this is about the market. Jerry could have got him in the low 30s two years ago but he waited. Dak is about to make at least 50 mil in the next two years, with the cowboys or someone else (38 this year with the tag and then a new deal with his new team).

The thing about Dak is you don't think of him as a top QB, but he is. He has the same career passer rating as Tom Brady at 97.3. He has gotten better every year he has been in the league and was on a tear last season before getting hurt with 3 games in a row over 450 yards passing. He was obviously the leader of the Cowboys as the 3 guys they trotted out afterwards could do nothing offensively, whereas Dak was moving the team.

Is he Mahomes good? No, but he is good and most around the league consider him to be a top-QB.

The counter to all of that is Dak was tearing up the league against awful teams. He was also gaining most of his stats trying to play catch up in garbage time. Dak is a good not great player. He’s not the type to make players around him better. To me, if you can’t elevate other players or CONSISTENTLY put the game on your shoulder then you aren’t an elite QB.

I don't blame Dak for demanding top dollar. I also don’t blame the Cowboys for not wanting to pay him like Patrick freaking Mahomes. Without weapons, Dak is Derrick Carr. With them he’s a top 2nd tier QB.

I don’t think Dak will get better in Dallas. I do believe an offensive minded/innovative head coach like a Payton, Reid, Reich, or Shanahan could take him to the next level. I’m curious to see where he lands, because I don’t believe Jerry will budge. Keep your eyes on Washington, though. They could pop up out of the blue and try to poach him.

I like Dak. But he’s not anywhere near Mahomes, who is in a league of his own right now.

If things go sour with Dallas, I’d love to see us make a play for Dak. See what type of contract we could draw up and if Dallas would match, assuming they franchise him. But it would have to be a Loomis special where we are still able to build a solid team around him and absorb the big cap $ down the road.
If Jones can't get a long term deal done with him in the next week he will be tagged with the exclusive tag. That is a $37.690M cap hit and no team can even talk to him with out first getting the Cowboys permission and if a deal can be done also give up at least 2 first round picks. I do NOT see that happening.

The thing about Dak is you don't think of him as a top QB, but he is. He has the same career passer rating as Tom Brady at 97.3. He has gotten better every year he has been in the league and was on a tear last season before getting hurt with 3 games in a row over 450 yards passing. He was obviously the leader of the Cowboys as the 3 guys they trotted out afterwards could do nothing offensively, whereas Dak was moving the team.

Is he Mahomes good? No, but he is good and most around the league consider him to be a top-QB.

One of the things that also hurts Dak, Is his Production doesn't = wins, Pat Mchomes throws the ball around puts up crazy numbers and goes to 2 superbowls. If you look up the years Dak is productive the cowboys missed playoffs when Zeke and Defense was Solid and Daks production Dip Cowboys made some good runs, which make sense in football to knowledgeable fan, but not to the average fan. Just living here in Dallas, there's alot of average fans. I honestly don't think cowboys are ever going to sign him to a long term Deal that's not super Team Friendly. I firmly believed Jones would sign brady to anything he wants because he knows it would fill the stadium to what ever capacity allowed.

Todd France doing Todd France things...

Well, he's gonna be a rich fool. 30 mil last year another 38 this year and an open market after that.

Oh yeah. If he makes it to the open market next year he's really going to get paid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom