Dakota Access Pipeline halted (1 Viewer)

Jeff

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The purgatory between Shreveport and Alexandria
I have an honest question or two. If my understanding is correct, DAPL has already had a ton of work physically done. The easement for the water crossing was never granted. How do you proceed this far without getting your permits and permissions lined out? Is that common?

LOONEY

gulf war vet
Reaction score
I have an honest question. If my understanding is correct, DAPL has already had a ton of work physically done. The easement for the water crossing was never granted. How do you proceed this far without getting your permits and permissions lined out?
What happened is Obama is using the corp as a excuse to stop the pipeline , to appease the eco-terrorists , The only good news is come January we will have a Leader who is not afraid of the eco-terrorists .

OP
RetroMcBananaFace

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
What happened is Obama is using the corp as a excuse to stop the pipeline , to appease the eco-terrorists , The only good news is come January we will have a Leader who is not afraid of the eco-terrorists .
Eco-terrorists? Oh, perhaps you mean the Native Americans. Stole their land, made them practically extinct, and now they're upset we're horning in on their land again and are hell-bent on destroying their water supply.

How dare they

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score

You Trumpers think he is up ending DC.

It's kinda cute.

The Wall
Ripping up trade agreements
Imposing tarrifs
Bringing back the steel mill work of the 60s and 70s

May wanna pay closer attention to who he really is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Um that pipeline goes through Native American land. It's not ecoterrorism or what have you. This is land that the Sioux nation has fought with over with the Feds since the early 1800s.

This pipeline always originally to go north of one of the main towns, but after potential water quality concerns was rerouted to its new location. Now imagine being a member of the Sioux nation and being handed this load of bull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
RetroMcBananaFace

RetroMcBananaFace

Reaction score
Oh, but you know if it was a bunch of white guys with beards and assault rifles holed up they'd just be defending their rightful property against Obama's tyrannical federal reign.

Severum

Staff member
Administrator
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
Oh, but you know if it was a bunch of white guys with beards and assault rifles holed up they'd just be defending their rightful property against Obama's tyrannical federal reign.
Pretty much.

From the Cliven Bundy standoff:

Thankfully armed patriots showed up to defend this rancher , the second amendment is there for a reason
Armed resistance against federal authorities to defend illegal exploitation of government land is patriotic. Protesting against environmental threats to your land and water is terrorism. Now the hope of Leader forcing corporate desires on unwilling landowners and sovereign tribes is good news. That's a scary rush to corporatist authoritarianism.

OP
RetroMcBananaFace

RetroMcBananaFace

Reaction score
I have an honest question or two. If my understanding is correct, DAPL has already had a ton of work physically done. The easement for the water crossing was never granted. How do you proceed this far without getting your permits and permissions lined out? Is that common?
greed

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Because in situations like this they build to the holdouts, then basically intimidate or use eminent domain to seize the land to finish. How many successful times have people been able to stand up against multi billion dollar corporate interests? Very few. This wasn't going to be won until the 2000 veterans who were upset with the government attacking its citizens showed up. Boss around native Americans, press doesn't care. Start sending dogs and such against vets? Oooo that's gonna get ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The eco-terrorists line has me intrigued. Care to elaborate, Looney? Exactly what were their terroristic acts? Or rather, who told you they were eco-terrorists? :scratch:

Why do you side with corporate interests against the little guys here?

Jeff

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The purgatory between Shreveport and Alexandria
Well, I can guess that part but is this the norm for major works like this? The ACE had held out this long for a reason. Protests not withstanding. Did the DAPL project just have an expectation of rubber stamping and build through the points where they had cleared proper steps?

Added: Just saw Dave's answer above.

Curious to know if the various law enforcement agencies involved will be sending Bakken or ETC a bill or did we rubber bullet and pepper spray citizenry at tax payer's expense?

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What's happening is you have an idiot confusing Keystone XL pipeline extension with DAPL.

Obama administration has never had opposition to the DAPL, ever. Until the protests got more attention they never even commented on it period, until November 1, 2016, which remains the one time they've commented at all, and all they said was the would be "monitoring developments in the situation going forward."

It's local Native American and environmentalists concerned both about the watershed and that after the fact it was discovered that the company building that section of the pipeline found Native remains and willfully hid the bodies and tried to cover it up to avoid slowing down the project and to avoid finding out if there were other remains other than by digging up halfway through a skeleton with a frontloader.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakota_Access_Pipeline

is related to the XL extension of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keystone_Pipeline

in the same way that that Drew Brees is the same as Cindy Crawford. Both have notable facial moles, and are white, but shouldn't be confused. Same with two entirely different pipelines cutting through completely different sides of the state.

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
Pretty much.

From the Cliven Bundy standoff:

Armed resistance against federal authorities to defend illegal exploitation of government land is patriotic. Protesting against environmental threats to your land and water is terrorism. Now the hope of Leader forcing corporate desires on unwilling landowners and sovereign tribes is good news. That's a scary rush to corporatist authoritarianism.
I love when this stuff happens.

Lololol olol

And

LOL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Why do you side with corporate interests against the little guys here?
Because he's picked his side and listens to what they tell him. The thought that this might be something other than what his bubble portrayed, has never crossed his mind.

UncleTrvlingJim

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've long since declared shenanigans on Looney. He's pretty much trying to get a rise out of y'all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom