Dallas Area Saints Fans - re: Ben's Half Yard (1 Viewer)

this this cost anymoney to watch the game

not in the sense that you'd have to pay to get in, i'd imagine it would be more like just ordering something to eat/drink and sitting there to watch the game.

anybody know how busy gators gets? i was thinking about getting there around 11-ish....and do they have the sound on for the saints game?

Supposedly, in Fort Worth, Fox and Hound AND The Pour House are showing the game on the big screen Sunday. It's no cover. Pour HOuse is having Brunch with $2 Bloodys.

kudzu, i'm new to the area and don't know where either of those places are. I live in saginaw (just north of the 820 loop) and was thinking about hitting gator's in euless. where are the places you mentioned?

Come on out Penguin!

We have been filling up th' joint as of late. You're always gonna have you fair weather fans, then you have the ones that are a glutten for punishment (I think Chop and I were the only ones there the last game of the season last year?)

Saints fans are the second largest base in Ben's next to the Bears fans (they're good people, too). Needless to say, business is going well for the Ben's owners this year. When the Bears and Saints play each other, it's not to be missed if you live in the DFW area. If we meet in the playoffs......look out!!
They have given the Saints fans the second best screen in that place for the last 4 years, now. Directly in front of the main bar. Take a right after you enter the door.

My only complaint is that too many glass half-yard were broken and they server out of plastic half-yards! :cussing: ?!?! EAUX-YEAH DON'T DRINK BEER OUTA' PLASTIC !?!?!

I have been to Ben's for a LSU game, they have 3 "BIG" Screen Projection TVs..... The beer was cheap for buying it in a bar......$2.50 per half yard = 32-36 ounces..... dont go without a designated driver...... I left the LSU game before the 1st quarter was over, drank two half yards in less than 25 mins..... didnt realize how much I was drinking..... got out of there while I could, before I drank too much..... I have heard about Gators but never been....

Find someone who has the NFL Ticket.... :) I buy the NFL Ticket and one of my recievers is at my brothers camp..... so we split the cost :)

Any of yall going too the DEC 10th game ??

I have got request out to friends and co-workers for tickets to the game......

If I am really lucky, I will get about 2-4 suite tickets..... from the owner from my work or from a salesman friend....

A lot of Saints fans are going to be at that game. I'm sure there will be some sort of tailgate happening somewhere.

A lot of Saints fans are going to be at that game. I'm sure there will be some sort of tailgate happening somewhere.

yeah i wish i could get some tickets...all sold out, and i'm not paying a couple hundred on ebay neither.

anybody got a box?

Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind? - George Straight...

I never knew the meaning of that song until I lived in DFW. It is as different as night and day... Ben's vs. Gators

Living in the Metroplex you go to where is closed to you.. I have been to both places and I will share my thoughts.

1. Both Places are full of Saints fans and Good People...
2. Ben's has Better Food. Gators is next to Razoo's
3. Ben's is more personalble. Gators has a stage and dance floor.

a.Ben's is on Greeneville Ave in an artsy area, and there are classy resturants w New Orleans fliar down the way.
b. Gators is located at the intersection of Hwy 121 & 183 in the mid cities dividing Dallas and Fort Worth.

I can't remeber any more about Ben's, I was there once or twice... But I like the way you walk into Gators.. Saints fans are imeedaitly to the left, by the Door.. Seems Saints fans got room away from the Party of Dallas, Viking, Pitt, Green bay fans that they have...

5. Ben's seems silent. Gators Advertisies heavily with Wolf, Bone and Ticket..

6. I would rather be in Texas Stadium rooting for the Saints than either place... Damn ticket thing again...

i've been in Ft. Worth for almost a month now, and all i gotta say is.........

CULTURE SHOCK

where are the bars? wheres the southern hospitality? i'm going outta my mind, i've been downing natural lights all night feeling sorry for myself, LOL!!
i mean, whats a new orleans boy supposed to do in such a BLAND environment? i moved out here for the cheap housing, but man i didn't think it would be THIS bad....hopefully i have a good experience at gator's tomorrow.

GEAUX SAINTS!
504ever

anybody know how busy gators gets? i was thinking about getting there around 11-ish....and do they have the sound on for the saints game?

Gators has a special Saints section and they DO have the sound on. I have gotten there as late as 11:45 and still had a table available, but earlier would be better. There are usually about 30 or so hard core Saints fans, but I haven't been there since the Cleveland game, so it may be more crowded now. Good food and drink and reasonable prices, I think. Gators was my evacuation location for Saints games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom