Dallas Cowboys (1 Viewer)

The Cowboys weakness is their offensive line and the fact that their secondary gives up big plays.

if the Saints blitz like they did Sunday they can beat anybody. yeah Vick burnt them on some plays, but who else is gonna play like Vick. thats what i saw that was different from the Saints from the first 4 games. Gibbs for some reason pulled back the reigns and held off on blitzes. look our secondary isn't going to cover for long, as you seen with Ben, McNair and Palmer, they all had time and picked us apart. and you may give up 1 or 2 big plays, but we've already seen our Offense can also produce big plays itself. the Cowboys weakness is there line and Grossman and Eli both struggle when pressured. so the key to the Saints final games is the pressure we put on the QB. which i really don't understand why Gibbs went away from for so long.

Dallas Cowboys= USC Trojans

Media Darlings

I must also say that this Cowboys love fest on our board of all places is sickening.

okay! so maybe i have a personal grudge against the cowboys! to be completely honest, when it comes to the cowboys, i throw all logic out the door. for future reference, when discussion comes up about the cowboys, you will not hear me give then any credit at all. not even when it is due. just a little disclaimer so i don't ruffle anyone's feathers.

Your personal grudge was obvious in your post, Saint31... LOL Nevertheless, thanks for your honesty.

The Cowboys weakness is their offensive line and the fact that their secondary gives up big plays.

Please be specific. Don't just rant. Cite the big plays they've given up in the past 8games, and show how their O line is as weak as you say. I.E. Sacks allowed, Hurries, Blocked passes, ints, etc.

Please use Romo's performance as the barometer, not Bledsoe's, because everyone already knows that Bledsoe was totally imobile and held the ball too long - Not many O lines could pass block for him.

Also, show us how terrible their O line run blocks for the 4th best offense in the league. Hating the Cowboys doesn't make them a bad team... Just doesn't work that way in the NFL.

I must also say that this Cowboys love fest on our board of all places is sickening.

It's not a love fest. It's the truth. Someone asked the question, and we simply told the truth. Just because the Cowboys make you sick doesn't make them a bad team... It just makes you sick.

I'll tell it like I see it regardless of how I feel about the team personally. I live less than a mile from the Cowboys Valley Ranch facility, and I don't care for them either. They're simply good.

No they've just been overrated by the media. You would think that Tony Romo is the Lord himself just after 5 games.

ESPN constantly, I mean constantly pulls crap like time and time again. Remember when everything you heard out of ESPN was Drew Henson this Drew Henson that, Drew Henson the savior of the Cowboys that. And to think he hadn't even played one game.

I for one am not buying this crap.

I am not going to deny that the Cowboys are playing good football or that they are a good team. But some of you sound just like the national sports media who are infatuated with the Cowboys. "Consistent" are you kidding me? ONe week they are kissing each other on the sideline and the next they are yelling in each others face. With the exception of the Colts the Cowboys have not beatin a single respectable team. Washington, Tennessee, Houston, Arizona, Tampa Bay? Hey you wanna crown 'em, then go ahead and crown there assses...I for one am not going too.

And another thing I have a problem with...people calling Payton Manning the best quaterback ever or even currently playing. The only thing P Manning is the best at is choking, with Eli in a close second. With all that talent around him, especially in the past few years, P Manning should never be mentioned again until he actually wins something meaningful...like a super bowl.

Have to disagree

Defensively the cowboys are solid. They are not overwhelming but they are rarely playing out of position. The saints can move the ball on them but they will not be able to rely on the long ball strikes we have been seeing. If Brees throws those he may have another 3 int game. Terrance Newman plays a soft corner on the right side.

I am going to have to disagree with you and with kfran. I live in Dallas and a buddy of mine got 2 free tix to the Pokes/Giants game (the one where Romo got his start at halftime.) The difference between Romo and Bledsoe is mobility. The strength of the Oline is runblocking, but they are average at best pass blocking. They didn't get miraculously better with Romo, he just moves well and rolls in the pocket. They are solid on O but not a juggernaught. If we get pressure on Romo their recievers are streaky, and can be taken out of the game. A couple weeks ago there was a lot of talk about how Owens needs to be in the game early or he gets bored. Whoever said Glenn is the scary one is right, he is the pro in that corps. I worry a little about him covered by Craft (I figure MM will be on Owens.)

Now the good news. Their Secondary is a HUGE liability. Newman not only plays soft Roy Williams CANNOT COVER. He is mean in the box stuffing the run but if we get him matched up on Colston or Henderson on a long ball it is points all day.

As has been stated a couple times the key here (and all season) is turnovers. If we play smart we win. I knwo Dallas is getting all the press but I really believe NO is a better team in all phases.

All my friends here in town are Cowboy fans, they have been telling me for weeks that ours is the week they ar really worried about. I think the Giants beat them this week (they OWNED them Bledsoe and Romo here in D, and I think Manning and Barber get it together and have a good game) and we extend their losing streak to two in a row.

ok, thats what I think.

Peace+

Nebo

Cowboys = NFC flavor of the week

They are a good team, but no team in the NFC is all that great or a "complete" team. Romo is going to come back down to earth soon, and if it isn't next week, it sure as hell will be the week after. We have the speed on our D line to force him into mistakes. On defense they are solid, but I don't see a defense in this league that can stop our offense. Only our offense can do that.

Dallas is just the latest hopeful darling of the media. Is it that much of a suprise with Owens & Parcells? Even when these guys were struggling they had tons of media attention. Let them talk, I for one can't wait until December 10th.

Well said saintology!

Romo will play out just like every other back up qb that has come in this season...i.e. Tampa Bay, Seattle...they play good for a few games, the media loves them, and then they start throwing numerous interceptions and costing their teams the game.

Romo may have more longevity than the other two but he is in for a reality check very soon.

I could careless what the media said or thought about the Cowboys. I base my statements on what I see, not what the media says.

I've been a Saints fan since I was Kid - a season ticket holder since 1979, and would still be today had I not lost my home in Katrina and had to relocate to Irving because of my wife's job. I hold no fascination for the Cowboys.

I follow football. Since Parcell has been in Dallas you could see his D getting stronger - That's been his trademark - build a strong D first.

Dallas' problem until Romo was made the starter was the QB position. I don't know how long he's going to play as consistently as he has, but he hasn't shown any signs of a meltdown yet.

The Saints O line aren't as great at run blocking as they are at pass blocking. Does that make them a suspect O line? Not at all.

Reverse it for the Cowboys where their O line's forte before Romo has been run blocking. Romo's mobility and quick decisions are making them look like a better pass blocking O. We can't change that.

As for Dallas not beating any strong competition, well, when they're the ONLY team to beat the Colts, that's a rather contradictory statement.

They have also beaten the teams they were supposed to beat and they have done it convincingly:

Washington Won 27-10
@Tennessee Won 45-14
Houston Won 34-6
@Carolina Won 35-14
@Arizona Won 27-10
Tampa Bay Won 38-10

At the beginning of the season, I didn't see the Cowboys as serious contenders with Bledsoe at the helm and for good reason. I knew his best days were over.

I didn't know how long Parcell would stick with him or if Romo would make a difference if and when he got his chance. The fact is, Romo does make them a better team, the same way Drew makes us a better team. Romo is by no means a Brees, but he's what the Cowboys needed.

The Bears have the best D in the NFC, but their O is suspect and vulnerable with Grossman. Their special teams are solid.

We have the best O in the NFC, but our D is not of the same caliber as either Chicago, Dallas, or the Giants (when they're healthy). We have a solid specials teams, as well.

Dallas, has a much improved O with Romo pulling the trigger. Their D is second only to the Bears in the NFC right now, and their special teams are solid.

If that doesn't make them the most complete team in the NFC right now, tell me what I'm missing?

Are you kidding me? I haven't seen so much sickening love for a team than a few weeks ago when it was OH GOD THE GIANTS! Romo like the Tuna has stated, is dodging bullets by the bushel basket full. Yes they have a solid team and I would say that their defense is better than than the Saints but I'm sorry their offense doesn't even compare to the Saints. C'mon guys how bout some "reality".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom