Dallas Cowboys (1 Viewer)

That is why I said "with the exception of the Colts". However, there is a reason that no team has gone undefeated since '72, because it is almost impossible to do. The Colts were due for a loss.

I agree with you kfran, they are a good football team but the hype is not warranted given the teams recent schedule.

I could careless what the media said or thought about the Cowboys. I base my statements on what I see, not what the media says.

I've been a Saints fan since I was Kid - a season ticket holder since 1979, and would still be today had I not lost my home in Katrina and had to relocate to Irving because of my wife's job. I hold no fascination for the Cowboys.

I follow football. Since Parcell has been in Dallas you could see his D getting stronger - That's been his trademark - build a strong D first.

Dallas' problem until Romo was made the starter was the QB position. I don't know how long he's going to play as consistently as he has, but he hasn't shown any signs of a meltdown yet.

The Saints O line aren't as great at run blocking as they are at pass blocking. Does that make them a suspect O line? Not at all.

Reverse it for the Cowboys where their O line's forte before Romo has been run blocking. Romo's mobility and quick decisions are making them look like a better pass blocking O. We can't change that.

As for Dallas not beating any strong competition, well, when they're the ONLY team to beat the Colts, that's a rather contradictory statement.

They have also beaten the teams they were supposed to beat and they have done it convincingly:

Washington Won 27-10
@Tennessee Won 45-14
Houston Won 34-6
@Carolina Won 35-14
@Arizona Won 27-10
Tampa Bay Won 38-10

At the beginning of the season, I didn't see the Cowboys as serious contenders with Bledsoe at the helm and for good reason. I knew his best days were over.

I didn't know how long Parcell would stick with him or if Romo would make a difference if and when he got his chance. The fact is, Romo does make them a better team, the same way Drew makes us a better team. Romo is by no means a Brees, but he's what the Cowboys needed.

The Bears have the best D in the NFC, but their O is suspect and vulnerable with Grossman. Their special teams are solid.

We have the best O in the NFC, but our D is not of the same caliber as either Chicago, Dallas, or the Giants (when they're healthy). We have a solid specials teams, as well.

Dallas, has a much improved O with Romo pulling the trigger. Their D is second only to the Bears in the NFC right now, and their special teams are solid.

If that doesn't make them the most complete team in the NFC right now, tell me what I'm missing?

All of the teams in our conference have weaknesses, Dallas included. Their secondary is suspect, as is their offensive line. Teams will figure out a successful gameplan to deal with Romo sooner or later, and then we'll see where the cowboys are. On paper, I actually think that the Giants are a more complete team when healthy than the Cowboys.

The cowboys are just the latest cog in the media hype machine. The NFC is spread out pretty evenly, so when a team like the Cowboys starts to catch some momentum, it's "all aboard". Besides, somebody has to replace Carolina....right???

I'm waiting for Romo to come back down to earth.
Me, too. It's easy to be the wunderkind when everything is clicking. Much harder to be "the next big thing" when going through adversity. I just hope the Saints will be the start of their adversity. Romo may be the real deal, but already being linked with a "celebrity" when 6 weeks ago Miss Daisy Dukes didn't even know your name? Heady stuff even for a 26 y.o. and distracting. I'm not sold yet. However, they may still be peaking and at the right time for them. I just hope they've already peaked.

That is why I said "with the exception of the Colts". However, there is a reason that no team has gone undefeated since '72, because it is almost impossible to do. The Colts were due for a loss.

I agree with you kfran, they are a good football team but the hype is not warranted given the teams recent schedule.

None of us can control the hype, Faith82. The media will pick the darling of the week/month whenever they choose to, just like they did with us about 6 weeks ago. We lose two in a row, and then "we're coming down to earth as expected."

Then we beat the falcons, the Cats lose, the Giants lose... and now "we're the only team that wants to win the NFC south... That's just the way most of the media does things.

By Thursday, since Seattle beat GB tonight and Alexander had 201 yds rushing in the snow and Hassleback is healthy again, don't be surprised if you start hearing that Seattle is gearing up to repeat as NFC champs.... It's just the nature of the business...

My only point throughout this entire thread has been, when you look at all three phases of the game (O, D, and Special teams), right now the Cowboys are the most complete team in the NFC... They're not the best in any of the three phases, but they are the most complete.

I now live in Dallas and in listening to sports radio around here they say a few things:

Tony Romo is God Reincarnated. Nobody has ever or will ever be better than him.

The only team that could beat them in the NFC is the Bears. The talkshow hosts all expect, predict and see no other way it could happen. The NFC championship is all that is holding off another Dallas championship. I even heard one person say "when we get to the Superbowl we will beat the colts again to show everyone we are for real".

I think that Romo has not experienced any adversity and he has played weak teams for the most part. Look at Dallas' schedule:wins over the Texans, Titans, Ariziona, and hapless Redskins. The only good team they beat was the Colts at home in a turnover fest. They have lost to the Redskins, Eagles, Jacksonville, and Giants-which actually hurts there NFC record which may be huge. A loss vs. the Saints would all but eliminate them from the 2nd spot and a bye.

I am anxious to see what Payton and Gibbs have in store for the Cowboys. I think that 5 wide all game with a hurry up mode could cause major confusion for the Cowboys who have weak covering safties and linebackers. Anyone who is covered by Roy Williams is a mismatch with advantage Saints. He is great at run support but could cover anyone without any help.

Also can we exploit and expose Romo's weaknesses? The right gameplan for this game could expose the Coyboys weaknesses.

Me, too. It's easy to be the wunderkind when everything is clicking. Much harder to be "the next big thing" when going through adversity. I just hope the Saints will be the start of their adversity. Romo may be the real deal, but already being linked with a "celebrity" when 6 weeks ago Miss Daisy Dukes didn't even know your name? Heady stuff even for a 26 y.o. and distracting. I'm not sold yet. However, they may still be peaking and at the right time for them. I just hope they've already peaked.

I agree with you Madmarsha. Romo is getting alot of hype right now, but don't blame him. He's simply the media's new "feel good story." But you can't take away how the Cowboy's season has turned around since he's been starting.

To say Romo is a fluke is to also say that our own Coach Payton doesn't know QB talent because Sean was solely responsible for getting Romo signed as an undrafted free agent by the Cowboys 4 years ago.

If there's anyone who can expose Romo's weaknesses, you'd have to believe it is Coach Payton, and I hope he does on 12/10.

I see the Cowboys as the most difficult obstacle we have to overcome to get a first round bye in the playoffs. I hope like hell we beat them... Not only for the bye, but I also think this game will be the best barometer we can ask for to let us know what we can expect from our Saints in the post season.

Last edited:
Here's what I don't get .... would God have entered the NFL UNDRAFTED and then sat on the bench for 3 and a half years? What's the reason he wasn't drafted? I know nothing about him. There's got to be a reason. The kid's gonna start plateauing out hopefully sooner rather than later.

Small school QB - Eastern Illinios - The same school Coach Payton played at. The reason he warmed the pine for three years was Testaverde and Bledsoe, and more importantly, Parcell and Payton didn't think he was ready to start.

Last edited:
Yeah, I deleted my message cos I forgot all about that. However, I think that does bode well for us since Payton probably knows more about Romo than he knows about himself.

I now live in Dallas and in listening to sports radio around here they say a few things:

Tony Romo is God Reincarnated. Nobody has ever or will ever be better than him.

The only team that could beat them in the NFC is the Bears. The talkshow hosts all expect, predict and see no other way it could happen. The NFC championship is all that is holding off another Dallas championship. I even heard one person say "when we get to the Superbowl we will beat the colts again to show everyone we are for real".

I think that Romo has not experienced any adversity and he has played weak teams for the most part. Look at Dallas' schedule:wins over the Texans, Titans, Ariziona, and hapless Redskins. The only good team they beat was the Colts at home in a turnover fest. They have lost to the Redskins, Eagles, Jacksonville, and Giants-which actually hurts there NFC record which may be huge. A loss vs. the Saints would all but eliminate them from the 2nd spot and a bye.

I am anxious to see what Payton and Gibbs have in store for the Cowboys. I think that 5 wide all game with a hurry up mode could cause major confusion for the Cowboys who have weak covering safties and linebackers. Anyone who is covered by Roy Williams is a mismatch with advantage Saints. He is great at run support but could cover anyone without any help.

Also can we exploit and expose Romo's weaknesses? The right gameplan for this game could expose the Coyboys weaknesses.

What else would you expect to hear living in Dallas, rickyjones? I don't even listen to local media because of the Cowboys' hype. Don't forget: Prior to that Carolina game (Romo's first win), everyone here was waiting for the next TO distraction and wondering if this was Parcell's last year. I can understand their excitement now that they're playing well... We feel the same way about our Saints.

Cowboys are definitely energized by Romo. He's jump started that team, and they are dangerous. What scrares me is that their running game is heating up. Jones and Barber are good. Witten is explosive at TE. The defense has some holes in the passing game, which just so happens to be our strength. We match up well with them. It will be a great game and test for this team heading down the stretch. Dallas is tough at home. I expect them to be favored by 4 or 5 points. However, I expect the Saints to win!!! What did you expect me to say? 27 - 24. Carney with the game winner!!!

Having been in the media all my working life, I have an inbuilt hype filter that washes out all that rubbish. Hype aside, I think Dallas is our biggest and toughest opponent left on our schedule by a long way, and that includes Carolina. Things swing and change week by week, but Carolina, like Atalanta, looks to be on a downward spiral - sort of like Atlanta but not so bad. The Giants are in serious meltdown. I wish we were playing them this week. Washington is all about next year. Dallas on the other hand is on an up trend, getting better as the season goes on. And so is San Francisco. This week's game will not be a pushover, by any stretch. Fortunately, the 49ers play much better at home than on the road.

Oh Please, Dallas days are numbered, we've got this ya'll Dallas Lucked out with the Colts, Colts played down to Dallas, anyone that watched the game should know that, Colts has never played that light, i think they gave that game away and what better team to give a game away to? Dallas aint a Awful team and they aren't a Good team, they are the America's Favorite team and it's never good to go into the playoffs Undefeated, Tony Dungy admitted that, and he also said it's hard not to lose against some of the teams they played.

Dallas has the following games left

Dec 03 @N.Y. Giants
Dec 10 New Orleans
Dec 16 @Atlanta
Dec 25 Philadelphia
Dec 31 Detroit

I think giants will hand them an L, Thats a Very VERY important game for Giants and they are coming off a 3 game losing streak, We will beat em, and Eagles will beat them again because they arent gonna just lay down and let the Playoffs wild card hopes slip away. but In the end Eagles and Giants fight it out for Wild card in that Div.

I Simply don't think Dallas is any better than previous years. If anything they look good on paper.

Last edited:
Oh Please, Dallas days are numbered, we've got this ya'll Dallas Lucked out with the Colts, Colts played down to Dallas, anyone that watched the game should know that, Colts has never played that light, i think they gave that game away and what better team to give a game away to? Dallas aint a Awful team and they aren't a Good team, they are the America's Favorite team and it's never good to go into the playoffs Undefeated, Tony Dungy admitted that, and he also said it's hard not to lose against some of the teams they played.

Dallas has the following games left

Dec 03 @N.Y. Giants
Dec 10 New Orleans
Dec 16 @Atlanta
Dec 25 Philadelphia
Dec 31 Detroit

I think giants will hand them an L, Thats a Very VERY important game for Giants and they are coming off a 3 game losing streak, We will beat em, and Eagles will beat them again because they arent gonna just lay down and let the Playoffs wild card hopes slip away. but In the end Eagles and Giants fight it out for Wild card in that Div.

I Simply don't think Dallas is any better than previous years. If anything they look good on paper.

oh please...yeah, the colts TOTALLY gave that game away...they needed the loss...hey herm edwards, whats that famous quote youve made famous now? YOU PLAY, TO WIN, THE GAME!!! you dont just give it away...thats really crazy...maybe the dallas d stepped up and oh, i dont know, shut down their offense? and lets just forget how dallas controlled the ball that 2nd half and how romo "just got lucky like hes done every week thus far"...or how manning was worried about d-WARE every play...

that was the most anti-cowboys post ive read this season, haha thanks though...my opinion doesnt mean any more than yours does...

No but beating the Colts convincingly and dominating one of the best QB's ever is showing something.

Theres noway to rationalize that the cowboys are on our level. Right now they are a better more complete team. Can we beat them? You bet we can.

Do see the Colts/Cowboys game? Convincingly? I don't call the Colts goal to goal inside the last 2 minutes CONVINCINGLY! I was suprised the Colts didn't score.

If we win this game against the 9ers the sky is the limit for the Saints. I think we can go into Dallas and beat the Cowboys. But we can't think about the Cowboys just yet. First thing's first and that is the 49ers. Take it one game at a time. Anybody can beat anybody on any given Sunday!!

Go Saints!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom