Dallas Cowboys (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
How good are the Dallas Cowboys?? It seems everybody is sayin that they are the team to beat now! I haven't seen them play, so can someone give me an update on how good they are??

They are very very very good. Anyone that tells you otherwise is an unrealistic homer.

Yes they struggled early in the year but they have put it together. Looking at their schedule I don't think they lose another game, unless we can upset them on their turf.

Romo isn't god like hes being painted as but hes pretty good. But thats not why they win. Their Defense is smothering.

They are a very solid team.

They are in first place in their division at 7-4, we are in first place in our division at 7-4.

This will be a homecoming for Coach, so who knows how emotions will play into it?

Brace yourself for the worst, hope for the best.

ddd

Saints have a chance to beat them. Payton and gibbs knows there strengths and weaknesses. Dallas hasnt played anyone any good and beaten them just like the saints. I think blowing out tampa just like we did doesnt really show anything. I think dallas vs new orleans will be a close game. Beating Indy isnt that impressive. People played indy as if it was the superbowl every week. It was indys game to lose period.

Saints have a chance to beat them. Payton and gibbs knows there strengths and weaknesses. Dallas hasnt played anyone any good and beaten them just like the saints. I think blowing out tampa just like we did doesnt really show anything. I think dallas vs new orleans will be a close game. Beating Indy isnt that impressive. People played indy as if it was the superbowl every week. It was indys game to lose period.

Finally someone ele who doesn't think that Dallas is the team to beat in the NFC Championship! They have just as many weaknesses as every other team in the league. Any given sunday folks!

No but beating the Colts convincingly and dominating one of the best QB's ever is showing something.

Theres noway to rationalize that the cowboys are on our level. Right now they are a better more complete team. Can we beat them? You bet we can.

Ive seen them a few times & they seem to be getting better all the time. Romo has helped the cause considerably. You should have seen where they lost to the Redskins though. They had a field goal to win it with 6 seconds left. It was blocked & the Skins returned it up the field as the clock ran out. Dallas got penalised for a facemask in the block aftermath & the penalty just got the Skins into field goal range & they were allowed one extra play even though the clock was finished. They went for a field goal & scored. Sickener for Dallas.

They have balance and they are consistent but they are also beatable.

Finally someone ele who doesn't think that Dallas is the team to beat in the NFC Championship! They have just as many weaknesses as every other team in the league. Any given sunday folks!

Whats there weaknesses? I hate the cowboys. My friends are cowboys fans (yuck)...but I can see a good team when I look at one.

They are the most complete team in the NFC. They are scary. The bears are overrated. Dallas is not. I watch everyone of their games (they play at 3 after the Saints) because I get them here in beaumont. Their offense has the best WR tandem in the league (hate TO or not), they have a great number 3 guy in Crayton. They have 2 great RB's, they have a pro-bowl TE. Since Romo has come in their line has played light years better in both aspects of blocking for whatever reason.

And I don't think I need to describe their D. They are that good. Roy Williams is a liability in coverage. Other then that I see no weaknesses on that D.

How good are the Dallas Cowboys?? It seems everybody is sayin that they are the team to beat now! I haven't seen them play, so can someone give me an update on how good they are??

The best team we will face in this strectch run, and the most complete team in the NFC right now, including Chicago. Yes, Romo has made that much of a difference to this team.

Why?

Because the sacks are way down, the completions up, and the turnovers (ints) are down.

The other pieces (defense and Special teams) were already there.

Dallas is 4th in the league in total defense - 4th against the run, and 11th against the pass.

Their O is also 4th in the entire NFL.

More importantly, they're playing with confidence now. They believe they can win every game with Romo as their QB, and he hasn't disappointed them.

Their numbers also translate into their talent level.

Three very good wideouts in Glenn, Owens, and Creighton... A pro bowl tight end in Whitten.... A solid O line. Good QB who gives them a chance to win every game.

Strong LB's in a 3-4, Good downline lineman, and good secondary.

They're +8 in turnovers, or 17 better than us at -9.

They're special teams are solid as well.

Had they started Romo earlier, their record would be better than 7-4. They're just very good... But, like any tem in the NFL, they're also beatable.

Colts turned the ball over 4 times when the Cowboys beat them. I think we all know what happens with turnovers. That said you have to have the defense that can get 4 turnovers. I think the Cowboys are peaking at the right time, but are certainly beatable.

No disrespect intended, saint31, but it seems that your assessment of Dallas is an emotional one, and not one based on facts.

Right now, NO team in the NFC is playing better than the Cowboys - That's simply the truth. They've always had the talent, but Bledsoe was killing them. That too is the truth.

Don't get me wrong. By no means do I think they're invincible, and you're right - having Payton and Gibbs running our O and D will definitely help us in this game... Yet, the bottomline remains: Anyone who knows football and who has been watching them "objectively," also knows that they are the team to beat right now in the NFC.

I wouldn't want to be playing them in the first round of the playoffs at their house, and yes, they would beat Chicago right now because Grossman would make the same pressure mistakes he made yesterday, and Romo has yet to demonstrate that he would do the same... Sorry, I'm not a Dallas lover either, but the truth is the truth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom