Dallas Cowboys (1 Viewer)

They're really good. They have great balance. They're also due for a slump. Here's hoping it hits the week they play the Saints and not the week after.

They have a better D, but we have a better O. Brees is better than Romo and our WR's are better, especially if Colston is healthy.

We have already faced the toughest D in the Ravens and moved the ball well. Also, we played Carolina tough on the road with the best WR in the NFC.

Let's not sale ourselves short too early, just because Dallas beat Indy. If we don't turn the ball over, we win. That's been proven no matter who we play.

Once teams get enough tape on Romo they'll start to expose his weaknesses. It's good to be new, but it only last so long.

Cowboys are a very good team. They are a complete team. Offense, defense and special teams are very solid, but they have issues just like everybody else.

Their O-line opens holes for the running game, but you can get pressure on the QB.

The difference between ROMO and Bledsoe is that they can do more with Romo... they can roll him out... he can avoid pressure because he's elusive in the pocket... which gives his receivers extra time to get open.

Romo uses his entire arsenal of receivers... everybody is a target... whoever comes open... he gets rid of the ball quickly, which is the direct opposite of Bledsoe... who holds onto the ball forever.

Their WRs are solid.. and everyone catches the ball... TO drops some but he catches most.

On defense, that 3-4 scheme gets pressure on the QB with Ware and Ellis coming off the edge... I think Ellis is hurt, but I'm not sure. Their secondary is real good... only because they get good pressure on the QB. If given time, I think Drew could shred them apart.

They are definitely playing the best ball as of now in the NFC. They have a big game against the Giants this week, and I hope the Giants can whip them physically... I hope the Giants win... we must first take care of our own business and beat SF next week.

They have a better D, but we have a better O. Brees is better than Romo and our WR's are better, especially if Colston is healthy.

We have already faced the toughest D in the Ravens and moved the ball well. Also, we played Carolina tough on the road with the best WR in the NFC.

Let's not sale ourselves short too early, just because Dallas beat Indy. If we don't turn the ball over, we win. That's been proven no matter who we play.

Once teams get enough tape on Romo they'll start to expose his weaknesses. It's good to be new, but it only last so long.

I'm waiting for Romo to come back down to earth. I think it starts against us. I feel our team will play inspired ball especially with Payton going back home.

Before Romo took over the helm, Dallas was a pretty good team lacking that intangible spark that great teams have. With Romo at the helm, they have that spark and are probably playing the best football in the NFC right now (Bears included). Their defense was among the best in both conferences at the beginning of the season. The problem was Bledsoe's lack of mobility and lack of leadership, which was exasperated by the rift with T.O. Before Romo took over, the Pokes' offense was futile. Now, its dynamic and T.O. loves Romo (although Glenn is really their best receiver). But with wins comes team chemistry, and Dallas seems to have it now. Romo has a "swagger" that gives his entire team confidence. We have to hope that as the man who groomed Romo, Payton knows his weaknesses better than anybody and will find a way to exploit them. However, first we have to take care of business against the 9ers, who are pretty tough, or else the Dallas game will not have nearly the luster it appears to have right now.

Nobody's overselling them, thundar1084... But to discount them as the same team pre-Romo isn't being realistic either.

Quite frankly, if any team left on their schedule has a chance to beat them, I believe it's us because we do have the fire power on O to give them a run for their money, and because our Head Coach and D Coordinator know their system and players so well...

But, once again, it will come down to execution and no turnovers. Do I think Sean will have our guys ready for Dallas? ABSOLUTELY... However, he'll have them ready for Frisco first.

Dallas is definitely the toughest NFC team on the saints schedule. They are beatable but the saints will have to play mistake free and with the same effort they showed against Atlanta.(both games)

Defensively the cowboys are solid. They are not overwhelming but they are rarely playing out of position. The saints can move the ball on them but they will not be able to rely on the long ball strikes we have been seeing. If Brees throws those he may have another 3 int game. Terrance Newman plays a soft corner on the right side.

The offense believes in Romo and they play for him. Have to keep him in the pocket because he likes to get out and give the receivers time to find an opening. I never thought Terrel Ownes was a great WR and he will make dumb mistakes if you get in his head. Glenn however is the WR that can hurt you. Parcells likes to run the ball and control the clock. He uses Jones who has speed early in the game and starting around midway through the 3rd he runs Barber who is a big physical runner.

Lets get through SF and this will be a great game. With all the Cowboy connections on this saints team I know the saints will play a pumped up physical game.

Whats there weaknesses? I hate the cowboys. My friends are cowboys fans (yuck)...but I can see a good team when I look at one.

They are the most complete team in the NFC. They are scary. The bears are overrated. Dallas is not. I watch everyone of their games (they play at 3 after the Saints) because I get them here in beaumont. Their offense has the best WR tandem in the league (hate TO or not), they have a great number 3 guy in Crayton. They have 2 great RB's, they have a pro-bowl TE. Since Romo has come in their line has played light years better in both aspects of blocking for whatever reason.

And I don't think I need to describe their D. They are that good. Roy Williams is a liability in coverage. Other then that I see no weaknesses on that D.

okay! so maybe i have a personal grudge against the cowboys! to be completely honest, when it comes to the cowboys, i throw all logic out the door. for future reference, when discussion comes up about the cowboys, you will not hear me give then any credit at all. not even when it is due. just a little disclaimer so i don't ruffle anyone's feathers.

Dallas is a good team not great and they are up and down.Just depends on who shows up for them i know everyones on romo's bandwagon in the media when he had only 1 victory he got interviewed by pam oliver with the talk of a new man in big d they always did with dallas thats why i hate em.I havebt seen colston gettin interviewed.But what made it funn he lost the next game and dallas was done then they win a couple ohhh they are great again they beat the bucs bad big deal so did we.

Finally someone ele who doesn't think that Dallas is the team to beat in the NFC Championship! They have just as many weaknesses as every other team in the league. Any given sunday folks!

Uh, no they don't. They are probably one of the most complete teams in the league as long as Romo is solving their previous lone weakness, QB play.

What's not to like:
Solid O-line.
Two stud young RB's.
Great WR tandem.
Top 5 TE.
Best young QB in the league? Limited games precludes assessment.

Tremendous front 7.
Top 5 secondary.

Kicking game is the only question mark.

That said, I'm with you. We don't turn the ball over and we're going to be in it til the whistle. Playing the odds, we're bound to get some takeaways over the last 5 games to even out our bad ratio a bit...let them come in bunches vs big D.:ezbill:

The best team we will face in this strectch run, and the most complete team in the NFC right now, including Chicago. Yes, Romo has made that much of a difference to this team.

Why?

Because the sacks are way down, the completions up, and the turnovers (ints) are down.

The other pieces (defense and Special teams) were already there.

Dallas is 4th in the league in total defense - 4th against the run, and 11th against the pass.

Their O is also 4th in the entire NFL.

More importantly, they're playing with confidence now. They believe they can win every game with Romo as their QB, and he hasn't disappointed them.

Their numbers also translate into their talent level.

Three very good wideouts in Glenn, Owens, and Creighton... A pro bowl tight end in Whitten.... A solid O line. Good QB who gives them a chance to win every game.

Strong LB's in a 3-4, Good downline lineman, and good secondary.

They're +8 in turnovers, or 17 better than us at -9.

They're special teams are solid as well.

Had they started Romo earlier, their record would be better than 7-4. They're just very good... But, like any tem in the NFL, they're also beatable.

Still not convinced. I think they are benefiting from having a new quarterback that others have not seen. They are the darlings of the league this week, but that changes every week in the NFC. They have solid coaching and their defense is good, but they need a few more victories before I jump on their bandwagon. Let's see how they do against the Giants this week.

Everyone knows that Tony Romo's athleticism is due to his African-American heritage right?

Everyone knows that Tony Romo's athleticism is due to his African-American heritage right?
No :hookline: I guess. :)

For the record, I DO NOT BELIEVE what I posted above. In case anyone hasn't heard about it, I was re-phrasing what Michael Irvin said more colorfully on Dan Patrick's radio show last week. I'm surprised the story hasn't gotten more play in the media. Those are the kind of comments that got Jimmy "the Greek" fired, but unfortunately we will still be subject to Irvin's idiocy every Monday Night Football game. :mad:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom