N/S Dallas fans want to tank. (1 Viewer)

People who think tanking is a great idea just confuse me. Poisoning your locker room to move up 5 spots in the draft (which is an inexact science at best) has ultimately harmed WAY more teams than it has helped. How many times have we seen organizations do this only to clean house a year later anyway? Those three 7-9 seasons there were people on here every week bleating about pulling starters, "we gotta get higher in the draft", etc.----meanwhile Payton stayed the course & didn't allow a "it's OK to lose" mentality to infect his team.

How do you even do it anyway?? Tell a player you're benching him so you can draft someone to replace him? "Hey, pal, do it for the team, right?" That's how coaches lose their teams

I lived in Dallas for little over 4 years & know first hand ... of course they SCATTER like roaches.

This is no surprise to read. What a terrible fan base.

Some (fans) are still hanging on to the fact that Sean P is coming back to coach Dallas after the season.

Good grief.

They are going to tank next year if they want to or not. They will more than likely have to play division winners next seasons and have a much tougher schedule.

lol...as if Jerry Jones isn't the biggest problem with that team.

How would they know the difference? Perhaps that has been the plan all along?

Some (fans) are still hanging on to the fact that Sean P is coming back to coach Dallas after the season.
Not just fans. I actually heard an interview with a Dallas beat writer on the radio earlier this week, or maybe last week, talking about who he thinks Dallas will get to replace Garrett. He said he thinks their first choice would be to go after Lincoln Riley but second - and he even stated that regardless of just signing a contract extension - is Sean Payton. They are literally delusional. We just locked him up for another 5 years with a really good salary and this is the team he's built from scratch. No way in Hades does he want to go to Dallas and relinquish everything he's built and the control he's got here.

Any fan that wants "their" team to tank is not a true fan.

I know this is a "feel good" take, but can you explain, objectively, why?

Why is wanting a higher draft pick for your team that you know objectively needs it, bad? Why is looking at the longterm success of your team instead of the short term, bad? Why is a fan not a "true" fan for wanting their team to have better players? The Colts tanked and got Luck, would it have been better for their team to meander to 7-9 or 8-8 every year and missout on Luck (his early retirement notwithstanding)?

Or look at the 49ers? They've been abysmal for half a decade, and now look at them. So I ask you again, did those higher draft picks help them, yes or no? Tanking works in the NBA and is a legitimate strategy, why can't it be in the NFL too?

Again, no "feel good" points, I want legitimate arguments about why it doesn't make a difference. I guess you could point to teams like the Browns as a counterpoint? But I'd say their failures are more to do with their respective front offices than anything wrong with tanking itself. And besides, the Browns this year are certainly better than previous years Browns, having high draft picks year after year will do that to you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom