N/S Dallas fans want to tank. (1 Viewer)

If the season ended today, the Redskins would have the 3rd overall pick. Also, Redskins still have a chance to win the NFC East. What an awful division. Cowboys couldn't tank if they wanted too.

I agree with you in terms of what teams traditionally tank for, a high draft pick, but this tanking would be just to get Garrett the hell out of there. Dak, Zeke, and Amari are losing some of the best years of their career to a Pop Warner coach and they'll be a one and done wildcard dreg at best as long as he's there. So what I'm saying is that a token wildcard appearance ain't worth a hill of beans if it gets them stuck with Garrett for at least one more year and, instead, it actually hurts them. Put another coach in there and they have the kind of talent to be dangerous next season.

Cowboys gonna Cowboys

Jerry can fill his shiny new stadium with hot air, while we fill ours with Super Bowl rings and Lombardi trophies

If I was them, I'd want to tank too... they know they are going nowhere with Garret as coach except to "medicore-ville".

Not sure I get this....talk as much as you want about Jerrah, Dallas is as talented as any team in the league and Coaching is absolutely why they aren’t at least 2 wins better than their record so far this year.

If they let Garrett go tomorrow and make Richard their Interim, I think they’d have a better finish to their season.

I hate the Cowgirls

Stephen Jones, Jerry's son, does most of the talent acquisition. The talent on the team should be attributed to him, not his pops. But Jerry the GM is responsible for the coaching decisions, which includes hiring the assistants he wants the head coach to work with. In that light is how anyone should get my comment.

Tell them to just keep playing football the way that they have been and their dreams will come true!

I honestly don't understand why you'd tank. Garrett is not under contract after the season. Even if they win a playoff game -- short of winning the Super Bowl, I believe he's gone regardless.

The Giants and the Cowboys are very different teams in the postseason though. While the Giants haven't gotten to the NFC CG or SB nearly as much as the Cowboys, they are worlds better than them percentagewise. In NFC CGs, the Giants are 5-0 all time versus the Cowboys' 8-6 record. They're also 4-1 versus the Cowboys' 5-3 record in the SB. If you're in for the long haul then, yes, you're gonna get more bang for your buck from the Cowboys but if you need one team to win one game deep in the playoffs, the Giants are on an entirely different level (9-1 combined NFC CG/SB record versus the Cowboys' 13-9 record).

The Cowboys are front runners by nature. Here are their records during each of their title seasons:

1971: 11-3
1977: 12-2
1992: 13-3
1993: 12-4
1995: 12-4

The Giants, on the other hand, have done it both ways:

1986: 14-2
1990: 13-3
2007: 10-6
2011: 9-7

The Giants and the Cowboys are very different teams in the postseason though. While the Giants haven't gotten to the NFC CG or SB nearly as much as the Cowboys, they are worlds better than them percentagewise. In NFC CGs, the Giants are 5-0 all time versus the Cowboys' 8-6 record. They're also 4-1 versus the Cowboys' 5-3 record in the SB. If you're in for the long haul then, yes, you're gonna get more bang for your buck from the Cowboys but if you need one team to win one game deep in the playoffs, the Giants are on an entirely different level (9-1 combined NFC CG/SB record versus the Cowboys' 13-9 record).

The Cowboys are front runners by nature. Here are their records during each of their title seasons:

1971: 11-3
1977: 12-2
1992: 13-3
1993: 12-4
1995: 12-4

The Giants, on the other hand, have done it both ways:

1986: 14-2
1990: 13-3
2007: 10-6
2011: 9-7

You realize the 2011 Giants and 1995 Cowboys have no relevance to the 2019 versions of either one right?

Any given Sunday. I mean we only need to look back a few weeks to hammer that point home...

Tanking doesn't work in the NFL. It works in the NBA because one superstar player can completely change a team. Miami's "tank job" will possibly work because of the absurd amount of draft picks they've acquired and the cap space they have to spend on free agents, not because of one high draft pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom