Dallas/Fort Worth Who Dats @ Dodie's (Coppell) [MOD Edit: Venue change] (2 Viewers)

Just talked to the GM who said that if they owner doesn't sell by the end of April, then they meet with the city the first week of May and will work on demolishing the hotel, and rebuilding a brand new sports bar. This would be great for us since it badly needed a makeover. If someone does buy the bar (unlikely) then we will have to look for somewhere else to watch the games. If they rebuild, he expects the bar to be ready before football season. I'll keep the board posted when I hear anything new.

I just saw an ad for Pappa G's, its located on Rufe Snow in Keller. How big is that place? Andy thanks for the recon, keep all of us posted on the developments at Gator's.

In case Gator's doesn't come back, yeah, I'd be more interested in Rufe Snow, as Addison would be at the very least a 45-minute drive coming from North Ft. Worth.

During the 2006 season (before I found out about Gators), I was at No Frills Grill on 377. Not a whole lot of atmosphere, but big TVs, lots of room, and cheap food and drinks.

In case Gator's doesn't come back, yeah, I'd be more interested in Rufe Snow, as Addison would be at the very least a 45-minute drive coming from North Ft. Worth.

During the 2006 season (before I found out about Gators), I was at No Frills Grill on 377. Not a whole lot of atmosphere, but big TVs, lots of room, and cheap food and drinks.

I have a No Frills by my house, but the food is terrible, and the Saints are usually relegated to small TVs. But its sounding like that may be my option this upcoming season. Lame.

Hey Chopzley!

Sorry I missed this thread! I'm still hung-over! The last few games of the season, I made the arsewhip trip to the colony. (That's where Mark lives). I love Gators, but man, do I stink when I get home. I really do hope Gators is able to open back up, otherwise, we'll all have to commit to meeting somewhere else. That's the only reason Gators worked so well...there was always a great Saints following.

St. Blooz

haha, what up blooz!
Yeah people, it goes without saying that Gator's HAS TO open back up. Not only for us, but there was a pretty faithful Steelers platoon that were pretty fun (except for those damn towels....you in a bar for gods sake, put that away)

I just saw an ad for Pappa G's, its located on Rufe Snow in Keller. How big is that place? Andy thanks for the recon, keep all of us posted on the developments at Gator's.

Papa G's is somewhat of a chain. They have one around the corner from Gator's at 121 and Harwood rd. It is pretty small and would not really be a good option for us considering our numbers. They recently opened another Papa G's off of Rufe Snow which is about 12 minutes West from the Gators location. They have tons of nice TVs and the general manager worked at Gators for many years, so he would be very accomodating to our group.

Let's hope that the owner of Gators doesnt sell the place, the tear down the entire thing, and a new sports bar (called Sports City Cafe) get built before the end of the year. The manager thinks it can be done before Aug 1, but I find that hard to believe. We could at least find some place to go until its finished if they decide to rebuild. Regardless, I will keep you guys posted here as soon as I hear something.

Andy

Thanks Andy.
If that isn't ready, guess i'll be checking out the new Pappa G's on Rufe Snow. I'd love to check out the couple of places out there in Addison, but theres no way in hell i'll make the drive back to N. Fort Worth from there after a Saints loss and too many beers.

there is a group that hangs out at this place. One of them PM'd me last season, but I never got a chance to go. It may be worth checking out for some of you all.
http://www.thequarter.biz/

^ yeah thats the place I was talking about. Passed by there when I was in addison a couple months ago, they were closed though. Might have to check it out for a game or two and crash in a hotel that night if i'm off the next day, lol.

That whole area is nice. You could make a day and evening out of it. There is lots of stuff to do in Addison now, and it's all pretty much within walking distance. (<---I guess depending on how many beers you had, lol)

^ yeah you right. Addison is paradise compared to the rest of the metroplex....especially Fort Worth

lol, well i don't know about paradise, but they did do a nice job on their little downtown square area. And don't let any of those old time Fort Worthites hear you dissing their little cow town, you know them is fighting word over there. lol

Tha Pappa Gs in Keller is huge ! Brand new TVs on one wall with projecters above them , same HOT waitresses (cause they all work at both). But I dont think that its that good because of seating arrangements to see the TVs. Lets just hope that Gators reopens....

Hey guys! I actually just discovered this site! This is Johnny, I usually sit with Animal on Sundays. When you guys figure out a place where we're gonna watch lemme know!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom