Dallas/Fort Worth Who Dats @ Dodie's (Coppell) [MOD Edit: Venue change] (1 Viewer)

Welcome aboard Johnny :9:
Hopefully some of the others can keep us posted on the status of Gator's, although I heard from a bookie fella the other night at Tumbleweed's that theres "no chance in hell" it reopens...we shall see

Welcome aboard Johnny :9:
Hopefully some of the others can keep us posted on the status of Gator's, although I heard from a bookie fella the other night at Tumbleweed's that theres "no chance in hell" it reopens...we shall see
Man that stinks.. However, for me, it was never about "Gators" as much as actually having a huge group of like minded individuals to watch the games with :beerchug:. Hopefully we can all get together on a new place. Or else I'm back to being the guy in the back of the bar asking the waitress to turn up the little 13" t.v. with the Saints game on it.

Man that stinks.. However, for me, it was never about "Gators" as much as actually having a huge group of like minded individuals to watch the games with :beerchug:. Hopefully we can all get together on a new place. Or else I'm back to being the guy in the back of the bar asking the waitress to turn up the little 13" t.v. with the Saints game on it.

I feel you man, thats how it was in Jacksonville, i'm talking about a sports bar COMPOUND with 100" projector screens showing EVERY game but the saints, I had to sit outside on the patio in the heat/rain and watch the boys on the 19" with no volume, so I was ecstatic when I found gator's.

Hey Johnny,

Glad to see you found SR.com. I spoke with the ex- general manager who now works out at Sneaky Pete's, and he is going to keep me posted with any news. He said no one has offered to buy the property from the owner and that is good for us. They still plan to tear the entire hotel/bar down and rebuild if the property is not bought by the end of April. He said that the city and the owner would have to both finance the project but that it looks promising.

Chopzley-

"I heard from a bookie fella the other night at Tumbleweed's that theres "no chance in hell" it reopens" Was this "Bookie" a tall black man who usually sits at the bar at Gators wearing a Miami jersey with "Ganja" as the name on the back?

Andrew

Hey guys,
I'm new to the DFW area and I'd love to check out some games with saints fans. Where are you guys gonna meet this year? Please post the info here once you decide.

Chopzley-

"I heard from a bookie fella the other night at Tumbleweed's that theres "no chance in hell" it reopens" Was this "Bookie" a tall black man who usually sits at the bar at Gators wearing a Miami jersey with "Ganja" as the name on the back?

Andrew

LOL, no it wasn't THAT guy, some kid from New York. Didn't even know that the Ganja dude was THAT dude. :scratch:

LOL, no it wasn't THAT guy, some kid from New York. Didn't even know that the Ganja dude was THAT dude. :scratch:

Just curious how he know that it won't open. My info connection is as close to the source as possible who is telling me the opposite.

He probably doesn't even have a "source" though...probably heard it through the grapevine and wanted to state it as FACT.
I'll take your word for it, either way though, how in the hell would a demolition/rebuilding be done in time for football season?

He probably doesn't even have a "source" though...probably heard it through the grapevine and wanted to state it as FACT.
I'll take your word for it, either way though, how in the hell would a demolition/rebuilding be done in time for football season?
See that's what I was wondering too..Maybe they'll get Jerry Jones' stadium crew on it.:hihi: You see how fast that thing is coming up?

That was my point to the manager I spoke with. The current owner of Gators is also the owner of many bars around the metroplex that showcase women on a stage taking their tops off. I have been told in the past the amount of properties he owns and the monthly net income they provide. Its staggering to say the least. The manager said that he has plenty of connections and can get things moving quick if needed. My concern is that with all of his other properties, this might not be at the top of his lists.

We should look for a contingent location in the probable event that this does not happen or until something new is built there. I am going to visit Papa G's off of Rufe Snow soon to see what it looks like and what kind of accomodations they can offer us. The general manager at that location used to be a manager at Gator's so am friends with him as well.

Andrew

Please don't doom me to having to go back to No Frills. I can't stomach that food. And the Saints games are always relegated to the 3" TV way in the corner like I'm some sort of pariah.

Sounds to me like the Rufe Snow location will be it for the mean time (nothing but good comments about it thus far: i.e. Location is close to Gators, Size is nice and numerous Tv's.... Of course this is all "hear-say".

Yesterday, while driving home on the I-30 I saw a car with a SAINTS bumper sticker.... Nice to see here in the Grand Prairie / Ft. Worth area.

Last edited:
BUMP.

OK DFW guys, we got Shockey. This offense should be a thing of beauty to watch. So where are we going to watch it?

Any more news about Gator's?

Andrew, how did Papa G's on Rufe Snow look?

Paul

^ ^ what perret said...anybody do any recon? the season is only a month and a half away. Looks like it'll be a Buffalo Wild Wings unless somebody else comes up with something better

For those on the East side of town..

Austin Ave bar and grill in Plano (corner of Alma and Parker) usually give us a pretty good TV. It's a big Eagles hang out, so you have to deal with those nuts, but there was always a few saints fans and beer is cold and fairly cheap.

There is also a place in Addison that has been talked about. (the Quarter is the name IIRC) I think New Orleans people own it, and there is supposed to be a pretty good crowd and food, but I've never been.

Wizards on Central in Richardson is a nice sports bar with nice TVs. I used to go there a couple of years ago and there were several Saints Fans. They even gave us the big TV if it didn;t conflict with the cowboys game. Don;t know what it's like now.

Anyway, there are lots of options, but it would be nice to have a main place with a big corwd.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom