Dallas Goedert and Ertz trade discussions (1 Viewer)

I say we go with what we have. Trading draft capital for a position we invested in a year prior seems premature. We have a capable tight end, he's just hasn't had an opportunity to be featured in the offense, even Kamara's receptions are down this year.

Last edited:
I say we go with what we have. Trading draft capital for a position we invested in a year prior seems premature. We have a capable tight end, he's just had an opportunity to be featured in the offense, even Kamara's receptions are down this year.

Kamara is a proven weapon who is having a "down" year due to the offensive having a slew of injuries and a new QB.

Trautman and Johnson are both unproven, and while they've shown potential, neither one of them are doing anything to assert themselves as a consistent threat and arguably are contributing to Kamara's numbers being so low. Defenses know they can tunnel vision Kamara and play a single high and not get torched. If I was a DC, I'd happily trade letting Harris occasionally get me deep for keeping Kamara and the entire Saints passing game in check.

For a mid-round pick make the move. Neither of our TEs inspires confidence.

I have to imagine Goedart would cost the higher draft capital given his youth and upside. If Ertz can come cheap enough draft pick wise, I'd be open to it. Not sure what his salary is like in terms of this year and dead money after this year, but if it's reasonable to get out of the contract I think Ertz being here for the rest of the year would prove to be beneficial not strictly in terms of production, but an productive veteran presence to help Trautman and Johnson develop.

What a recap ramifications for bring each of them in a trade? I’d rather have the younger one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom