Dallas Goedert and Ertz trade discussions (1 Viewer)

I say we go with what we have. Trading draft capital for a position we invested in a year prior seems premature. We have a capable tight end, he's just had an opportunity to be featured in the offense, even Kamara's receptions are down this year.
I tend to agree but I wouldn’t be totally against it. If we did it because they value is better than we think we could do with the picks, it’s still a good deal. We just need to transition back to trading for the value instead of trading because we are all in on a particular year. I’m not saying we can’t still make some noise this year but it isn’t an all in year.

For a mid-round pick make the move. Neither of our TEs inspires confidence.

I would prefer Goedert since he is younger. I would not give a pick but maybe a player for player trade.

I guess the only position where we have a surplus is linebacker, and if you saw the game yesterday, you bet the eagles need one.

So during pregame show Glazer said Eagles were in potential trade talks about both of these guys and he expects a trade this week. It's our bye week and both would be an upgrade to what we've seen of Troutman so far. Added link to video.

Absolutely! Mickey needs to be on the phone trying to get Goedert!

If that falls through, get Ertz! I would take either one of them.

Either would help a ton, and could make this offense pretty dangerous when everyone returns

What a recap ramifications for bring each of them in a trade? I’d rather have the younger one.
According to Spotrac:
  • Ertz would result in a dead money hit of $7,769,500 for the Eagles ($4,221,500 in 2021 and $3,548,000 in 2022) and a cap savings of $8.5M (which is actually only $5.5M because 6 of his game checks have already been paid out) so the Saints would only be on the hook for his remaining game checks totaling $5.5M

• Goedert's dead cap hit is only $542,597 and a cap savings of $1,246,946 (again only $806,847 since 6 game checks have been paid) so the Saints would be on the hook for that ~$807K, but the compensation will likely be a bit more expensive.
Only thing is regardless of which one we'd acquire, they're both essentially on 1-year deals because Ertz has void years on his deal and Goedert's in the last year of his rookie contract, so we'd likely have to work out an extension at the same time.

I would prefer Goedert since he is younger. I would not give a pick but maybe a player for player trade.

I guess the only position where we have a surplus is linebacker, and if you saw the game yesterday, you bet the eagles need one.
Awesome players. However, you have to ask yourself why the iggles want to trade them, and whether Winston could get the ball to them.

I think Goedert is in the last year of his contract, so we would have to give up draft compensation and expect to pay him handsomely in the offseason.

Awesome players. However, you have to ask yourself why the iggles want to trade them, and whether Winston could get the ball to them.
Because their coach forgot how offenses work. Ertz and Goedert were a terrific 1-2 punch for the Eagles the last few years. Sirianni ran the ball to a RB 1 time in the first half last night. One. Time.

I'd give up a third for Goedert if it were a sign and trade, and I'd give up a 6th for Ertz due to age, injury history, and contract status.

But these boys would do well here.

Because their coach forgot how offenses work. Ertz and Goedert were a terrific 1-2 punch for the Eagles the last few years. Sirianni ran the ball to a RB 1 time in the first half last night. One. Time.

I'd give up a third for Goedert if it were a sign and trade, and I'd give up a 6th for Ertz due to age, injury history, and contract status.

But these boys would do well here.
If there's nothing wrong with their health, and they're playing up to their potential, most teams in the league are interested in them. So it will take a pretty good player to trade for them, especially Goedert.

If there's nothing wrong with their health, and they're playing up to their potential, most teams in the league are interested in them. So it will take a pretty good player to trade for them, especially Goedert.
Nah, the Eagles are not in "win now" mode, so draft pick(s) would do it.

I always thought Goedert would be a top 5 TE if he could escape Ertz. I’d drop a 2nd on him in a heartbeat

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom