Dallas Goedert and Ertz trade discussions (1 Viewer)

I know I'm in the minority, but until we get back some key players and actually learn where we are talent-wise as a team, I'd stand pat with Trautman and JJ. We also have Nick Vannett on IR. And now that AZ swooped in for Ertz, Philly will probably keep Goedert.

Every time I see Trautman blocking, he has his man locked up pretty good, so I think he can block. If we get Goedert, he will have to stay in and block a lot too.

I'm not throwing in the towel on Trautman just yet. I still believe he's going to improve to the point of being a viable weapon for our offense.

And we can afford him. (y)

This won't be popular, but I don't think the Saints are Super Bowl contenders...and he's a 30 year old player.

If this were the Saints of the recent past (with Brees and a healthy solid cast of players ready to contend), trading for Ertz would have made a lot of sense. I really like the player and he was a guy I thought highly of (in terms of being a fit in New Orleans) in the past. This team has a lot of issues to resolve before they are back in a serious contention spot. Issues that go beyond one position.
Maybe the Saints would be superbowl contenders if their receiving corp wasn't a complete mess. I mean...they look like they have a top 5 defense. They have Kamara. Trautman is years away from being a serviceable TE.

Maybe the Saints would be superbowl contenders if their receiving corp wasn't a complete mess. I mean...they look like they have a top 5 defense. They have Kamara. Trautman is years away from being a serviceable TE.
Agree with this. And I also think getting back MT (even if he’s not 100%) and TQS could get us pretty close.

Add in a reliable TE and the offense could get where we need it to be, assuming the defense gets even better with Onyemata and some combo of Kwon, Davenport, etc.

Get healthy and get hot and there may be enough talent to make a serious run. A legit TE would help a lot.

Maybe, but they don't look like it to me. This team looks like an inconsistent team that will hover around .500, primarily because of the offense.

I've been supportive of Jameis and am all about giving him a chance. But we need more from that position and the offense, if this team is to make a deep run. I see these wins like I see the wins we had with Teddy. I don't see it as a sustainable model that will help you compete for the ultimate prize. Granted, the supporting cast around him is ravaged by injury, but I don't think the return of one player (Michael Thomas), no matter how good he is or can be, will change things all that greatly. Take Kamara and Thomas away from this offense and it's dead in the water. With them, you can make some plays and be competitive, but I don't see a Super Bowl team. I just don't believe you can get to and win a Super Bowl in the 2020's with just defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom