Dallas had seven fumbles and lost two (1 Viewer)

srcampbell

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What are the odds of that happening? We can force them but just can't recover. I don't get it.

That was one of the things making me nervous. It seemed like every bounce was going there way. It's very hard to win a game like that.

Last year's NFCCG was the same thing. Fans of other teams who say that the Saints are lucky need to reconsider.

What are the odds of that happening? We can force them but just can't recover. I don't get it.

The odds on a fumble recovery are basically random, so 2 out of 7 is definitely unlucky territory.

As Aikman pointed out, we got a few good bounces in the kicking game--the KO that bounced just inside the pylon for the touchback, the huge punt bounce, and also a couple of FG near-misses. Agreed, we didn't get the breaks on the ref calls or the fumble recoveries. The fumble recovery thing has been happening all year. Our D has forced a lot of fumbles, but not recovered many. That's just luck and should turn around eventually.

"#55, #55, please pick up the loose ball phone. #55, please pick up the loose ball phone."

Two times you have the ball in your hands and a Cowboy comes away with it? Please.

Just goes to show what a great team we have, to win this one with luck, the refs, and the cowboys all working against them!

As Aikman pointed out, we got a few good bounces in the kicking game--the KO that bounced just inside the pylon for the touchback, the huge punt bounce, and also a couple of FG near-misses. Agreed, we didn't get the breaks on the ref calls or the fumble recoveries. The fumble recovery thing has been happening all year. Our D has forced a lot of fumbles, but not recovered many. That's just luck and should turn around eventually.

I would love to know what two near misses they were speaking of. The only one that was remotely close to the upright was the 42 yarder, but the kick was solid....it's not like it was fading and barely crossed between the poles before fading outside it.

If that was indeed said, what a huge stretch. Hartley hit every ball today flush. The 50 yarder would have been good from 65.

One of the 2 fumbles the Saints get was on that botched punt in which more like a bad punt.

Yeah this saints hater I know was saying we were lucky ... I pointed at the stat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom