Dallas looking to trade Everson Griffen (1 Viewer)

People lamenting we need safety help is good and well but you can never have enough defensive line depth. We learned this the hard way when we lost Davenport and Rankins in one game last December.

While I agree you can never have enough good dline depth... that depth doesn't matter if your deep safety is constantly jumping a short route while watching a deep pass sail over his head for a touchdown.

Can he play safety? Seriously, the way Hendrickson has played, and the fact that Davenport looks like he won't be too affected by injury, I don't think we need to trade for a DE. That's just me. The larger problem is the back end.

It's all connected though. No backfield can cover receivers for 6+ seconds. It just can't be done, someone will get open. We let QB's extend way too many plays. We're still good against the run but the sacks and QB pressures could be a lot better.

We are at the point of asking why every time we bring some one in they regress, so not sure more trades are the answer until we see the staff actually do something sustained with what they have.

Exactly. The main problem we have isn’t due to lack of talent.
It's all connected though. No backfield can cover receivers for 6+ seconds. It just can't be done, someone will get open. We let QB's extend way too many plays. We're still good against the run but the sacks and QB pressures could be a lot better.

Yeah, no argument there. The problem is, we still are above average in sacks. Not sure about pressures, but we seem to get close a lot. Still, we are among the worst in pass defense. An absolutely dominant d-line would be helpful and mask shortcomings, but having an at least halfway competent secondary is even more needed at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom