Dalton or Winston (1 Viewer)

If it was up to me I'd waited for Andy, but I know we probably wouldn't have accepted an cheap contract like Winston. I think Andy would have been a good replacement when Drew retired.
He looks/plays like he is 5 years OLDER than DB. Yeah, that would make sense. Go the opposite direction. LOL

I would much rather have Winston. Dalton is 32. Winston is 26. Winston blows Dalton out of the water in talent and has shown no sign of a ceiling above mediocre. Winston shows a ceiling of Pat Mahomes type arm with a gunslinger penchant for interceptions that will either be solved or lead him to the ilk of Jeff George. The idea Winston would sign as a backup for such little pay. The man just got married to a woman from New Orleans and is exhibiting the kind of humility and mindset conducive to a transformative understanding of the game by watching Drew has so much more upside than you could ever contemplate with a player like Dalton.

Why the hell does this thread exist?

Really y'all? You can't stand the thought of Jameis Winston being in NOLA so much that you have to look for alternative options even though the insurance QB need has been filled.

What's this really about, because I notice one difference between Jameis and Andy. ONE THING.

I wouldn't be surprise if he announces his retirement before long. Winston has potential to get better, Dalton you are racing against the clock that may have already passed.

----

Do we want to make the playoffs and lose in the first round with the nice ginger boy next door, or do we want to take some shots that could make us a Super Bowl team?

I'd rather gamble with a Taysom Hill run offense than waste years wallowing in "pretty good" with Andy Dalton.

Winston has greater upside and is younger. To me, this is not even close.

What's this really about, because I notice one difference between Jameis and Andy. ONE THING.

Ehh, there's a lot of this around, but I don't think it has much to do with this here. Winston has been a turnover machine and Dalton is more a safe, known quantity QB.

If you asked me to put $1,000 on which QB will be a good QB in the next few years, I'd very quickly put it on Dalton. If you asked me to put $1,000 on which QB could be a Super Bowl MVP in the future, it's going on Winston.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom