Dalton = Siemian and the definition of insanity (1 Viewer)

Dean in L.A.

Subscribing Member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dalton is mediocre. No question about it. I get it, Kamara couldn’t hold the ball today. Guys dropped passes. Absolute BS call on the D. I get all that. What we don’t have is a disciplined team. At all. That is 100% on the coach. He’s a nice guy I’m sure. Good coordinator. Not a great head coach.
Back to the QB. When you are missing a spark and you have 2 QBs that play meh, you need to shake it up. I don’t care if it’s Taysom or Jameis. We need something. Personally I’d rather see Taysom. Get someone who can move back there but I’d be fine with Jameis. We are a bad offense at one position. QB. Dalton is hot and cold much like Jameis but this is like watching Trevor Siemian week in and week out. I saw this show last year. He’s efficient sometimes but we usually lose.
Stop the Dalton should start threads. He’s Trevor Siemian; let’s see what else we have or don’t have.
And the think things will change doing the same thing every week is cookoobananas

Last edited:
Dalton is mediocre. No question about it. I get it, Kamara couldn’t hold the ball today. Guys dropped passes. Absolute BS call on the D. I get all that. What we don’t have is a disciplined team. At all. That is 100% on the coach. He’s a nice guy I’m sure. Good coordinator. Not a great head coach.
Back to the QB. When you are missing a spark and you have 2 QBs that play meh, you need to shake it up. I don’t care if it’s Taysom or Jameis. We need something. Personally I’d rather see Taysom. Get someone who can move back there but I’d be fine with Jameis. We are a bad offense at one position. QB. Dalton is hot and cold much like Jameis but this is like watching Trevor Siemian week in and week out. I saw this show last year. He’s efficient sometimes but we usually lose.
Stop the Dalton should start threads. He’s Trevor Siemian; let’s see what else we have or don’t have.
Thank you this is what I was trying to say in last thread there is a reason siemeion is riding the pine in Chicago ?? Because he is not a starter Winston has more upside of he could figure out how to stay calm in the pocket !!!!!

It’s the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Dennis Allen keeps trotting out the same players doing the same plays. We keep losing and he keeps getting to the podium saying we are doing the right things just not X Y and Z and if we do that we will win so status quo. It’s certifiably insane. The lack of surprise is a total surprise. No head coach in the league would just keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting something to change.

I’d have no problem with giving Taysom a shot.

Jameis isn’t healthy and even when he tried earlier this year, he struggled mightily in blitz recognition. We couldn’t even function.
Winston is a vertical passer and does not get through his progressions fast enough, he's the same player he was at TB, Dalton is passed his prime but like Seimien he gets through his reads faster than Winston and makes the smart throws but like Dalton he is more of a bandaid at the QB position than a player to build on as he is what he is, like Winston and Dalton are who they are.

I’d have no problem with giving Taysom a shot.

Jameis isn’t healthy and even when he tried earlier this year, he struggled mightily in blitz recognition. We couldn’t even function.
The same blitz recognition Dalton struggles with....everytime we run a tight set and Defenses send the house they get through....because nobody can diagnose pre-snap who's coming vs who isn't.

Jameis struggled with it...Dalton struggled with it.....we haven't been doing it too much as of late either....I wonder why?

On his last legs….helps to = last place in our division.

The same blitz recognition Dalton struggles with....everytime we run a tight set and Defenses send the house they get through....because nobody can diagnose pre-snap who's coming vs who isn't.

Jameis struggled with it...Dalton struggled with it.....we haven't been doing it too much as of late either....I wonder why?
It’s not remotely close to the same level of struggle

It’s not remotely close to the same level of struggle
It's literally the same level of struggle. Dalton ain't lighting up a damn thing...and you keep acting as if there was a marked improvement w/ Dalton over WInston

Jameis struggled against Tampa: #4 D in the league...
Dalton looked meh against everyone except the Rams and Raiders and straight up sucked against Pittsburgh...Hill and Kamara beat Seattle

And the think things will change doing the same thing every week is cookoobananas
We are at bad offense at all positions. Offensive line cant block, we cant run the ball, receivers cant catch balls that hit them in the hands, and QB is no better. You cant just blame the QB for their lack of success, that blame belongs to the whole offense completely.

It's literally the same level of struggle. Dalton ain't lighting up a damn thing...and you keep acting as if there was a marked improvement w/ Dalton over WInston

Jameis struggled against Tampa: #4 D in the league...
Dalton looked meh against everyone except the Rams and Raiders and straight up sucked against Pittsburgh...Hill and Kamara beat Seattle
There was a marked improvement.

Neither of them are the answer and Jameis is still hurt. But at least with Dalton we’ve been able to function. Can’t blame him for Kamara’s fumbles or everyone’s drops today. He did his part.

I wanted Jameis to be the answer. He’s not.

There was a marked improvement.

Neither of them are the answer and Jameis is still hurt. But at least with Dalton we’ve been able to function. Can’t blame him for Kamara’s fumbles or everyone’s drops today. He did his part.

I wanted Jameis to be the answer. He’s not.
Everyone seems to be in a hurry to rush him off to football purgatory. He should get 9 games to go 3-6 before someone lays that judgement on him. Not shoo him out the door after a 1-2 start....Dude put in the work to get back, we owe him that much since its pretty GD obvious Dalton aint the guy either.

And lets be :100: here, he'd be 2-1 had Kamara not given up a scoop and score in Carolina.

And yet, they still try to run plays from that formation!!! INSANITY!!!
I haven't seen ONE positive play from the tight trips formation.

Man where you been all year with this thread guess the 49ers game out you over the edge. Anyways well written

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom