Dalton = Siemian and the definition of insanity (1 Viewer)

Everyone seems to be in a hurry to rush him off to football purgatory. He should get 9 games to go 3-6 before someone lays that judgement on him. Not shoo him out the door after a 1-2 start....Dude put in the work to get back, we owe him that much since its pretty GD obvious Dalton aint the guy either.

And lets be :100: here, he'd be 2-1 had Kamara not given up a scoop and score in Carolina.
Cant forget Lutz leaving 6 points on the field. Plus the Bucs game probably goes different if Ingram doesn't fumble in the red zone. This season, we have had bad breaks outside of QB, but because it is easier to just put everything on the QB, we don't look outside. Well, I take that back, as more nuance has been applied to our games since Week 4 but I digress.

*back to my personal grieving corner*

Last edited:
Man where you been all year with this thread guess the 49ers game out you over the edge. Anyways well written
šŸ˜‰šŸ¤£ yeah it was more all the back and forth about Dalton and then DA saying we did what we needed to do except for a few more things. Itā€™s like asking Mrs Lincoln how sheā€™s doing and her saying the play was wonderful, it was just that incident at the end there.

Well Dalton can put this lil trophy on the mantle. He led the team in rushing yesterday with 21 yards. And he ripped off the longest run.

Who knew Dalton was such an athlete. Lol.

Seriously in today's NFL as a team it's embarrassing to get shut out. With all the rules that favor offense it's quite the feat

Please tell me how "a spark" makes DB's stop holding, hands to the face or unnesscessary roughness, how does "a spark" make receivers run the right rout, catch the ball as it hits them in the face mask, or makes running backs protect the ball from being stripped.

Please, how does the elusive "spark" actually work?

Please tell me how "a spark" makes DB's stop holding, hands to the face or unnesscessary roughness, how does "a spark" make receivers run the right rout, catch the ball as it hits them in the face mask, or makes running backs protect the ball from being stripped.

Please, how does the elusive "spark" actually work?
Maybe spark isn't the right word, maybe "something" is better. Meaning if you do what you have always done you will get what you have always gotten. Simple but profound. Right now we keep doing just enough to lose. It seems like we need to do something different to get some type of different result. Maybe it gets worse, maybe it gets better; but, at least it's something. It's sort of like being in a burning building and there are 4 doors, 3 of them lead to more fire and one is the way out. You can sit in the room doing what you have been doing and not take a chance at one of the rooms for fear that you will get burned but one thing is for sure, if you keep doing what you are doing in that room and don't at least try one of those other doors you will DEFINITELY burn. That's the Saints right now, we are just waiting to burn. Try another door, might be worse, but it's better than sitting here like a crawfish slow boiling towards the inevitable.

It's sort of like being in a burning building and there are 4 doors, 3 of them lead to more fire and one is the way out. You can sit in the room doing what you have been doing and not take a chance at one of the rooms for fear that you will get burned but one thing is for sure, if you keep doing what you are doing in that room and don't at least try one of those other doors you will DEFINITELY burn. That's the Saints right now, we are just waiting to burn. Try another door, might be worse, but it's better than sitting here like a crawfish slow boiling towards the inevitable.
This says it beautifully.

Dalton, Siemian, Winston and Taysom are all insanity. Everyone keeps arguing over who would be better and it doens't matter. This team isn't a contender and needs to rebuild. None of the above are the right guy. Big picture.

By moving on from Winston, the team has already mentally started the rebuilding process. They think/know he's not the guy for the future, it's not about winning games today. It's time to move on from all of this (at QB). Dalton seems content being a back up and mentor, so thats probably why they're letting him finish the season. They're keeping him involved with the system (unless DA is canned) and in tune with the guys who will return.

Some Saints fans: START WINSTON !!!

Also those same Saints fans if Winston struggles or reaggravates his injuries due to returning too soon: WHERE'S THE LEADERSHIP??? WHY WOULD D.A. PURPOSELY PUT HIM OUT THERE IF HE WASN'T HEALTHY ENOUGH TO START ???

Some Saints fans: START WINSTON !!!

Also those same Saints fans if Winston struggles or reaggravates his injuries due to returning too soon: WHERE'S THE LEADERSHIP??? WHY WOULD D.A. PURPOSELY PUT HIM OUT THERE IF HE WASN'T HEALTHY ENOUGH TO START ???
Bullseye. Built in excuse and reason to point the finger elsewhere. It's a lose/lose proposition.

Doesn't matter who they put back there as long as Carmichael is tunneling his best rendition of Carl Smith calling the offense...
The chemistry of everything is just gone. I saw someone post something yesterday that said you can't run the Payton/Brees system when both are gone. I think there is a lot of merit to that.

The glue is gone. It's time for a complete makeover and in my opinion it needs to start in the GM's office and work its way down through the entire system.

I definitely donā€™t think we need a new GM. Mickey did what he thought he had to do to keep the train running. This organization has been a model of consistency for a lot of years including years when Drew missed multiple games and even last yearā€™s injury/covid disaster when we would have made the playoffs if the Super Bowl champs donā€™t lay down on a huge lead against the niners.
My guess is Mickey gives this one more year. He brings in Jimmy Garoppolo and lets Jameis walk. Jimmyā€™s no top tier guy but heā€™s an upgrade over Dalton. I just figure since we canā€™t trade any of our players due to the cap hits we are kind of forced to see what we can do with who we have and the talent is certainly there when healthy.
Like everyone else I would rather see us do it with another head coach but Mickey may want to save that card for when we have a 1st rounder in the top 10. It wouldnā€™t surprise me if we donā€™t trade Seanā€™s Rights for a first this year and a second next or at the very least couple of 2nd rounders and we continue to rebuild the roster with younger guys.
I really think Mickey is the guy to put the pieces together and he will decide if itā€™s best to dump DA now or after next season

There was a marked improvement.

Neither of them are the answer and Jameis is still hurt. But at least with Dalton weā€™ve been able to function. Canā€™t blame him for Kamaraā€™s fumbles or everyoneā€™s drops today. He did his part.

I wanted Jameis to be the answer. Heā€™s not.

Weā€™ve functioned our way to 4-8ā€¦.if you donā€™t think the QB has something to do with that then you are in total denialā€¦.Jamieā€™s played in 2 games and he wasnā€™t healthy, it clearly affected his performanceā€¦and he is done? Rightā€¦.

Weā€™ve functioned our way to 4-8ā€¦.if you donā€™t think the QB has something to do with that then you are in total denialā€¦.Jamieā€™s played in 2 games and he wasnā€™t healthy, it clearly affected his performanceā€¦and he is done? Rightā€¦.
Dalton has been better and the offense has been a lot better with him out there. If you want to play the player who has been worse and with whom the offense looked worse, while heā€™s still not healthy, then go for it.

If you watched the game on Sunday and thought the QB was the problem, with all those drops and fumbles, I honestly donā€™t know what else to tell you.

Dalton has been better and the offense has been a lot better with him out there. If you want to play the player who has been worse and with whom the offense looked worse, while heā€™s still not healthy, then go for it.

If you watched the game on Sunday and thought the QB was the problem, with all those drops and fumbles, I honestly donā€™t know what else to tell you.

Not the problem, part of the problem, he has been terrible in the redzoneā€¦.I thought weeks ago DA said Winston was healthy and he was going with Dalton because ā€œperformanceā€ā€¦.what a shirtshowā€¦.

Iā€™m astounded that folks still want to see Dalton on the field as if he is the only choiceā€¦.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom