Dalton = Siemian and the definition of insanity (1 Viewer)

Not the problem, part of the problem, he has been terrible in the redzone….I thought weeks ago DA said Winston was healthy and he was going with Dalton because “performance”….what a shirtshow….

I’m astounded that folks still want to see Dalton on the field as if he is the only choice….
I’d be fine with Taysom. In a different version of the offense.

Loved what Jameis did last year and thought he could be the man. But he’s hurt and there were significant issues identifying pressure that had nothing to do with the injuries.

Dalton isn’t good. But the offense has been much better with him.

Please tell me how "a spark" makes DB's stop holding, hands to the face or unnesscessary roughness, how does "a spark" make receivers run the right rout, catch the ball as it hits them in the face mask, or makes running backs protect the ball from being stripped.

Please, how does the elusive "spark" actually work?
Because the Qb is the leader of the team. That leadership is needed and can trickle down to everyone else. Football is mostly mental everyone is fast everyone is strong. It’s the intangibles that makes the difference. I played D1 football therefore I know firsthand.

• 1Like
Reactions: mcg
Dalton is mediocre. No question about it. I get it, Kamara couldn’t hold the ball today. Guys dropped passes. Absolute BS call on the D. I get all that. What we don’t have is a disciplined team. At all. That is 100% on the coach. He’s a nice guy I’m sure. Good coordinator. Not a great head coach.
Back to the QB. When you are missing a spark and you have 2 QBs that play meh, you need to shake it up. I don’t care if it’s Taysom or Jameis. We need something. Personally I’d rather see Taysom. Get someone who can move back there but I’d be fine with Jameis. We are a bad offense at one position. QB. Dalton is hot and cold much like Jameis but this is like watching Trevor Siemian week in and week out. I saw this show last year. He’s efficient sometimes but we usually lose.
Stop the Dalton should start threads. He’s Trevor Siemian; let’s see what else we have or don’t have.
And the think things will change doing the same thing every week is cookoobananas
He played well enough to win didn't get any help when they had scoring opportunities. Fumbles, Bad calls, Drops and poor play calling especially in the + side of the field and red zone

I want people to do this next exercise honestly. Rank the current Saints QBs in order of who you feel is most effective in a two-minute drill. Rank them in accordance of which QB you think is most capable of leading a game-winning drive. Within the last three seasons, we've seen all three of them in two-minute offenses with the game on the line.

I want people to do this next exercise honestly. Rank the current Saints QBs in order of who you feel is most effective in a two-minute drill. Rank them in accordance of which QB you think is most capable of leading a game-winning drive. Within the last three seasons, we've seen all three of them in two-minute offenses with the game on the line.
Flip a coin. Especially with the play calling within this offensive system.
I'd rather have Hill leading a 2 minutes offense. He has the wheels to turn nothing into something.
Just my opinion.

Flip a coin. Especially with the play calling within this offensive system.
I'd rather have Hill leading a 2 minutes offense. He has the wheels to turn nothing into something.
Just my opinion.
Agreed on the bad playcalling. My ranking would be:

Taysom
Jameis
Dalton

Taysom's pocket awareness and passing have vastly improved this season. We saw what Jameis has in a more open offense against the Falcons. And we know that Dalton will take a 3 yard completion when the Saints need 11 for a first down.

Dalton is mediocre. No question about it. I get it, Kamara couldn’t hold the ball today. Guys dropped passes. Absolute BS call on the D. I get all that. What we don’t have is a disciplined team. At all. That is 100% on the coach. He’s a nice guy I’m sure. Good coordinator. Not a great head coach.
Back to the QB. When you are missing a spark and you have 2 QBs that play meh, you need to shake it up. I don’t care if it’s Taysom or Jameis. We need something. Personally I’d rather see Taysom. Get someone who can move back there but I’d be fine with Jameis. We are a bad offense at one position. QB. Dalton is hot and cold much like Jameis but this is like watching Trevor Siemian week in and week out. I saw this show last year. He’s efficient sometimes but we usually lose.
Stop the Dalton should start threads. He’s Trevor Siemian; let’s see what else we have or don’t have.
And the think things will change doing the same thing every week is cookoobananas
Greg8710 must be Dalton's burner account. I don't know how anyone can falcon that post!

I say start Taysom and let him use his legs more than the last times he started.

I seriously would rather have Dalton in rather than Siemian. And it's sad that I even have to say that.
Dalton is better than Trevor, but not by much. They both can come in for a game or two, but they can't sustain success over multiple games.

I say start Taysom and let him use his legs more than the last times he started.
Honestly that’s the only thing that would present any sort of change.

Jameis didn’t look like the same player from last season. And it wasn’t just the injury. He looked hesitant and had issues identifying protection and hot reads.

Dalton has been better. And we can win games with him if others would stop messing up so much. But he is who he is.

With a Taysom-tailored offense, at least we could stress a defense in a different way. But…hard to see them doing anything like that mid-season, unfortunately.

The issues I have with our 3 options:

1. Winston - injured but even before the injury I'm not sure he looked that great. Obviously has the most upside but they said the same things in Tampa Bay for years. He just makes poor decisions, creates a lot of turnovers... and I'm not sure how much the players even respect him.

2. Hill - He is obviously the most fun to watch but I don't think he would last a season as a full-time QB. He has a history of injury problems, is late with his throws, and has had issues with turnovers. At this point in the season I am fine with him starting...as others have said, at least it would be entertaining.

3. Dalton - The most boring of the three. He is a game manager...which means that everything has to go perfect for him to pull off the win. If all of the other pieces were there and we had a serious shot at a playoff run...then sure, stick with him. However, you would need a perfect surrounding cast, ala Manning in his last season at Denver. Sadly, he is the most complete QB of the three...and that's not saying much.

The Saints either need to find a gem in the draft/free agency...or we will be looking at the same exact season next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom