Dalton - we are a better team (2 Viewers)

Up until this week, he was #2 in intermediate passes thrown and has throws for 72% on those throws....lol. And the intermediate routes were the base of our offense with Drew in his prime. He would wait for the long developing routes and if they weren't there, he would dump it to Sproles or hit Graham going past a TE.

The thing is, the style that we commonly associate with Brees (the dink and dunk) was not his style until around 2017. Jameis' "style" is more akin to prime Brees than folks know or want to admit. The question is, do we still have that playbook hanging around.

Why would they need to overhaul when we ran an offense that matches all of his strengths? That my question...
What does #2 in intermediate passes thrown mean? Appreciate the info.

He contributed to the loss slightly with that fumble, but EVERY QB makes mistakes. However he contributed far more than Winston has by making accurate passes, quickly getting the ball out, and making adjustments. Dalton made a couple of questionable passes, and he’s not an all star, but he was above average today. That’s what we saw in preseason as well, and it reflects his past performance. We are more likely to win with Dalton.
The fact when his back foot hits and he throwing the ball helped the offense keep a rhythm as opposed to Winston who hops around after the routes have be run looking for a guy to get open.

Last edited:
What does #2 in intermediate passes thrown mean? Appreciate the info.
Things changed since Thursday's game stats are recorded but in 3 weeks, he threw the 2nd most intermediate passes in the league and completed the most with one of the best completion percentages(at this point, that still remains). He has gone 21/28 in intermediate passes. The thing that is killing him are the deep passes, specifically last weeks, as the receiver is usually there but his body is like "nah." That's why I don't get too much into the decision making because Olave was open plenty last week but those passes were off. Too much going on with his body. During the Bucs game when I saw him get strip sacked from behind instead of running for the first, I knew he was hurt and felt that he needed to sit.

i think Winston needs an offense with a lot of pre snap movements to help him read the defense

There was this prophecy..."The Lost pages of Andy" that spoke of a pale player that hailed from the same lands as the great Ranger, Walker - that was going to be unleashed upon the world and lead us to many victories in battle...for a long time, believers of this prophecy followed a false prophet, a Tannerite who never went into battle himself but claimed many victories and reaped treasure while never unsheathing his sword.

Fast forward to July/August - the year 2022: rumors began to surface of another Andy, the son of Dalton and red of hair... rumors swirled of how his balls looked better than the balls of the usurper QB from the land of Alibamer. Upon hearing this news, the forsaken Hillites united w/ the followers of the Andy prophecy to forge forward with a plot to overthrow the usurper QB and usher in a new dawn of Saints football where the prophecy of Andy would finally be fulfilled.

......and I'm not creative enough to make it past this point

Last edited:
Won't mean anything if you still cannot win football games.

Slightly right but if he drove down got 3 then we got ball at half and he scored y’all would be giving the job to him lol slightly imagine he didn’t fumble , when is one touchdown pass slightly above average
Just because we ran the ball in twice doesn’t take credit from Dalton getting us close to the goal line. He could’ve thrown 3 TDs if they had allowed it. He also made a good play on the 2 pointer.

I think Dalton deserves the job. Winston has been pitiful this year, even before he got injured. Winston is below average in this scheme, while even at his age, Dalton seems above average, and he runs the offense better. He’s not Drew, but he’s good enough to win games. Jameis is not.

The biggest problem might be Dennis Allen - by his press conferences, it sounds like he still wants Winston back on the field.
Which doesn't do any good as long as Pete's still calling a small-ball offense and the ball keeps getting coughed up.

Just because we ran the ball in twice doesn’t take credit from Dalton getting us close to the goal line. He could’ve thrown 3 TDs if they had allowed it. He also made a good play on the 2 pointer.

I think Dalton deserves the job. Winston has been pitiful this year, even before he got injured. Winston is below average in this scheme, while even at his age, Dalton seems above average, and he runs the offense better. He’s not Drew, but he’s good enough to win games. Jameis is not.
This scheme is more limited than the one Winston was running last year with worse weapons. Doesn't help that he's been walking wounded since the third quarter of the Falcons game. Dalton wouldn't be able to make the throws Jameis did in the fourth of that game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom