Dalton - we are a better team (2 Viewers)

He didn't throw any until the 4th quarter (And in that 4th quarter, he went 11/15 with 2 of those incompletions being the tip interception and the prayer interception at the end of the game) and I think that is what is being said. We only had on sustained drive in the first half and didn't come "alive" until midway through the 3rd.
How many did he throw against the Bucs tho? 3.

I know he is injured, so there's that.

Go back and look at my posts, I have defended this guy and hoped he would be the answer. Performance may be injury related. I am in the camp of lets see how he plays when healthy before deciding for certain as to whether or not he'll be QB for the next few years.

We lost by 8 points last week and that's with the Kamara fumble touchdown and 2 missed field goals.
Dalton was without MT, AK, and Peat. We lost today by less than 8.

We could go back and forth all day.

Ultimately, loss is on coaching/play calling. Which is what I said going back to the game against TB.

Dalton was without MT, AK, and Peat. We lost today by less than 8.

We could go back and forth all day.

Ultimately, loss is on coaching/play calling. Which is what I said going back to the game against TB.
I'm not the one differentiating the losses. Last week's loss was also on the entire offense and the 13 points swing shows that.

I'm not the one differentiating the losses. Last week's loss was also on the entire offense and the 13 points swing shows that.
This weeks loss was on the defense and refs. Cousins had his way with us most of the game. His quick release and ability to read our scheme caused MIN to put points on the board early on.

Today wasn’t on the offense. We actually had decent numbers, INCLUDING no turnovers, which killed drives in previous games.

A HUGE red flag..

The problem that most folks don't realize is offense wasn't Tampa's problems. I said this in another post but in 2 seasons (2017 and 2018), the Bucs gave up over 12k yards and over 800 points and still managed to have one of the lowest margins of defeat in the league. Their style wasn't perfect, as they never invested in RBs/TEs to properly run that offense but the narrative that the offense was the problem is just that.

I posted this is in the gameday chat when a question was asked and I don't think it was ever answered, but I asked what was the difference between these 2 QBs.

QB1: 19737 yards on 61.3% (274 YPG)/121 TDS (4.7TD%)/88 INTS (3.5 INT%)/86.9 QB Raiting
QB2: 20618 yards on 62% (257 YPG)/138 TDs (4.9TD%)/100 INTS (3.5 INT%)/85.9 QB Rating
I’d say the difference is 12 picks.

This weeks loss was on the defense and refs. Cousins had his way with us most of the game. His quick release and ability to read our scheme caused MIN to put points on the board early on.

Today wasn’t on the offense. We actually had decent numbers, INCLUDING no turnovers, which killed drives in previous games.
No turnovers? Did you watch the game?

I’m a huge Jameis fan, but have to be honest in saying that a lot (not all, but a lot) of the criticism he’s gotten is deserved.

Having said that, I’m from the camp that says we’re still early in the season, and a lot can change for all 32 teams. Red Rocket 🚀 did a decent job today, but only time will tell what Saints team we have this 2022-23 season.

Hoping we all rally around whoever is “next man up” at QB, or any other position.

WhoDat!

:gosaints:

Dalton > injured Winston

Healthy Winston > Dalton
It's all the difference when you can read a defense and identify the blitz and the mike
I 100% agree and I can’t figure out why people think when Winston is healhe is all of a sudden going to play better. That’s hogwash. He is going to be the same QB he has been the whole time he has been here. The bad far outweigh the good when it comes to Winston. I wanted very badly for Winston to be good but I also want our team to win and Winston is not going to all of a sudden become good. That’s fantasy land thinking.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom