Dalvin Cook is a Better Prospect than Leonard Fournette (1 Viewer)

The way Guice plays reminds me of Steve Smith Sr, minus the punching of team mates and spitting.

I agree, but as an FSU fan and someone who's watched both, when someone says "Fournette has the speed edge" I'm going to point out exactly what you two just reiterated.

Cook is a better blocker and better receiver. I'd say Fournette has a power edge and either would be great to have in the NFL.
Cook is a better blocker and a better route runner, but those are both things that can be learned. He reminds me a bit of CJ Spiller at Clemson. He's not going to break many tackles, but he's a patient runner who will explode when he gets a crease. He has improved his ball security. As for hands, Cook catches the ball cleanly. Compared to Fournette, I'd put Fournette's hands up with anyone's in College Football. He is quite simply naturally good at everything. He could have been a top five player in this draft at multiple positions, including LBer.

If any RB's success is going to depend on scheme fit, it's Cook. If he finds his way to a team with a zone blocking scheme, he can be very successful. The Saints might benefit from someone like him, but not at the expense of a first round pick. I don't think he's good enough to spend that.

The way Guice plays reminds me of Steve Smith Sr, minus the punching of team mates and spitting.

Weird, every time I watch Guice I think of Smitty. They have the same size, and the same indomitable spirit. And yes, I think under Pro tutoring, Guice would be dangerous in medium pass patterns.

Guice has those crazy legs we haven't seen since Hilliard.

This is a statement that will get under the skin of many on this board due to the homerism, which I get. But it has to be getting difficult even for LSU fans to claim LF as better than Cook. Dalvin is a more explosive runner, a better pass catcher out of the backfield, and has shown better vision between the tackles.

Plus one guy is playing his heart out in the bowl game for his school, the other is sitting out to stay healthy. I just think it's gotta be almost a unanimous opinion at this point amongst scouts. Both are great prospects, but Cook is better. I love comparisons, Cook would be Jamaal Charles, to Leonard's Darren McFadden.

Fournette's receiving skills are off the charts high but we haven't seen it bc of our offense. Combine that with his size, speed, heart and intelligence and I really don't think anyone is better than he is. His full potential hasn't even been tapped yet, let alone leveraged in an offense.

Lolll someone said he was underwhelming and a 2nd to 3rd round pick?? Dalvin Cook behind no line....no line this yr doing what he has done. Against not only Michigan, but Clemson too. Guy thrives in big games. He is big play away on almost every play. His ypc this yr with a hurt underachieving line at 6.1 ypc this yr and 7.4 last year. Cook is explosive. Clinton Portis is a good comparison. Plays real fast, but could also run you over

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom