Dalvin Cook is a Better Prospect than Leonard Fournette (1 Viewer)

A much better comparison is Ricky Williams vs Edgerrin James. Both are studs...it's ultimately going to depend on the system they go to. I'd be happy with either...but I'm partial to Cook because of what he brings to the passing game.

I don't think Cook can break tackles like Edge could, but I definitely agree that there's a better comparison. For the record, I'd like to see New Orleans grab Curtis Samuel in the second round. I think he has the ability to be both a #2 WR and a satellite back.

You can't use anything about LSU's offense to draw a conclusion about Founette's ability in the passing game. Like Les Miles had a plan beyond the toss dive, toss dive, throw it deep?

But I saw plenty of him in blitz pickup doing the dirty work. Sticking his head in there and picking up rushers.

Fournette is the total package. Dalvin Cook is awesome in his own right. The Saints would be a better team with either of them. But where Cook is concerned, I like a lot of other players just as much or more than Cook.

But I'm trying not to insult you, but the Darren McFadden thing is absurd to the point where I suspect you're trolling us.

Darren McFadden lowered his shoulders, he goes sideways or backwards. He had almost zero lower body strength.

Fournette lowers his shoulders and people make gifs where graves pop up where defenders used to be. Plus, McFadden couldn't hold on to a football to save his life.

I can show you numerous videos of Darren McFadden running through people. Mcfadden had chicken legs, but to say he had no lower body drive is crazy. Ask Laron Landry how his lower body drive is.

Fournette has the Size + Speed + Shiftiness + Blocking + Pass Catching (when given the chance) = once in a generation player. He had a high ankle sprain that he tried to play through and kept reinjurying during the season. He is special and it is disappointing that so many seem to be missing because of anti-LSU bias.

BTW there is undoubtey much more LSU hate on this forum than homerism. It isn't even close. LSU puts tons of talent in the league every year and although I don't think the Saints should draft "every LSU player" there are some players that are worth drafting, yet the mere suggestion that an LSU player is worth taking immediately gets shouted down by the anti-LSU crowd.

I can show you numerous videos of Darren McFadden running through people. Mcfadden had chicken legs, but to say he had no lower body drive is crazy. Ask Laron Landry how his lower body drive is.

Fournette is a much closer comparison to Peterson than McFadden. The McFadden comparison is not a good one. McFadden is closer to Chris Johnson than Fournette.

Fournette has the Size + Speed + Shiftiness + Blocking + Pass Catching (when given the chance) = once in a generation player. He had a high ankle sprain that he tried to play through and kept reinjurying during the season. He is special and it is disappointing that so many seem to be missing because of anti-LSU bias.

BTW there is undoubtey much more LSU hate on this forum than homerism. It isn't even close. LSU puts tons of talent in the league every year and although I don't think the Saints should draft "every LSU player" there are some players that are worth drafting, yet the mere suggestion that an LSU player is worth taking immediately gets shouted down by the anti-LSU crowd.

I would love to draft Kendall Beckwith this year. Was all about OBJ in round 1 when he went to NYG. And it's not that I don't think LF is legit. He goes to the right team, he'll be great. But I don't want to spend a first round pick on him.

I would love to draft Kendall Beckwith this year. Was all about OBJ in round 1 when he went to NYG. And it's not that I don't think LF is legit. He goes to the right team, he'll be great. But I don't want to spend a first round pick on him.

So, you wouldn't use a 1st rd pick on a generational talent??? Got it, dooley noted. I think that is absurd, but it sounds like your mind is already made up

That is a different discussion than saying Cooks is better than Fournette. I wouldn't want to spend a first on him either or any other RB. Also every player would benefit from some systems more than others. I have had plenty of debates with people in Vegas that state Drew is a system QB. They argue that he would not be as good on a team like the Browns. I will save you (everyone) my counter arguments as I am sure they are obvious to everyone that posts here.

I don't think liking fournette over cook makes anyone a homer there are plenty of draft sites out there that have him ranked higher but I realize name calling is first and last option for some around here so sure.

I disagree, J.T. Barrett rushed for 100 yards against Michigan with a healthy Peppers in the lineup.

We didn't have Peppers tonight. If we had Peppers out there Cooks isn't as impressive.

I agree with this. But Fournette is bigger, faster and more powerful than Cook or Guice. But with all three it's like arguing over which $400 bottle of wine is better....

Fournette is not faster than Cook.

After the combine the scouts will be drooling over Fournette again. It's hard to say who will be a better pro. Hell, if they go one and two neither will be very good just because it's the Browns and the Rams

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom