Dan in Lafayette and the WhoDat Nation suffered a great loss today... (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sticky Post
As anyone that has been a part of this community for an extended period of time already knows, Dan in Lafayette has been my right hand man for over 20 years here. To me, he is not only a good friend, but a treasure..

Dan lost his long time wife and soul mate (Melinda) today. She suffered a massive stroke last Tuesday and unfortunately succumbed and passed away early this morning in Lafayette.

Melinda was a kind soul and a huge Saints fan, and Dan and Melinda were inseparable. You would often spot them together at Saints games, Training camps, as well as the regular SR gatherings and functions that we used to have (which we need to start doing again) sporting their Obidan and Obiwife jerseys. Melinda will be sorely missed.

1543282742283.png

My heart goes out to Dan for his loss. I just want to make sure that Dan knows that we are here for the old curmudgeon (who is actually a big teddy bear) during his time of grief and mourning.

Dan has been undergoing testing for a mysterious, as yet to be identified illness himself of late, and I am concerned about him.

I know that Dan has a lot of friends here, and he will be reading this thread when time allows.

Dan! If you need anything at all, do not hesitate to ask.

-Andrus

saints4eva

We are the Who Dat Nation-we will always persevere
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
With you in spirit and praying for you, Dan. God bless you.

BELOWSEALEVEL

Almost Heaven :o)
Reaction score
It's never easy to lose somebody you love.
Hang in there Dan and get yourself right.
Use any means of encouragement and support you can find.
I lost my father on Dec 8, 2018 a day after my daughter's third birthday.
He had a silent heart attack about 10 days earlier that made him feel under the weather. Almost flu like symptoms but he never knew it happened.
Life can be cruel, but it also allows great memories for a lifetime. Cherish the good times and keep her in your heart.
Keep on living bud, it's what she would want you to do.
Prayers are with you,

Scott, aka BELOWSEALEVEL

newiberiasaint

All-Pro
Reaction score
As anyone that has been a part of this community for an extended period of time already knows, Dan in Lafayette has been my right hand man for over 20 years here. To me, he is not only a good friend, but a treasure..

Dan lost his long time wife and soul mate (Melinda) today. She suffered a massive stroke last Tuesday and unfortunately succumbed and passed away early this morning in Lafayette.

Melinda was a kind soul and a huge Saints fan, and Dan and Melinda were inseparable. You would often spot them together at Saints games, Training camps, as well as the regular SR gatherings and functions that we used to have (which we need to start doing again) sporting their Obidan and Obiwife jerseys. Melinda will be sorely missed.

My heart goes out to Dan for his loss. I just want to make sure that Dan knows that we are here for the old curmudgeon (who is actually a big teddy bear) during his time of grief and mourning.

Dan has been undergoing testing for a mysterious, as yet to be identified illness himself of late, and I am concerned about him.

I know that Dan has a lot of friends here, and he will be reading this thread when time allows.

Dan! If you need anything at all, do not hesitate to ask.

-Andrus

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A look around the NFC South on SB Nation Saints RSS News Feeds 0
A look around the NFC South on SB Nation Saints RSS News Feeds 0

Headlines

Top Bottom