Dan in Lafayette and the WhoDat Nation suffered a great loss today... (1 Viewer)

I was feeling down in the dumps tonight and I decided to revisit this thread and I realized I didn't thank all of you for your outpouring of good wishes and prayers. The SR community cannot be underestimated. Thank you all so much. It helped to read all of your kind words yet one more time.

Love you guys.

Last edited:
Oh maaaan, don't know how I could've possibly missed this thread.. Dan, my heart-felt condolcences.. just know she's in a good cloud section with perfect viewing.. not just to watch the Saints but to keep an eye on you mostly.. take care.

NW.

As anyone that has been a part of this community for an extended period of time already knows, Dan in Lafayette has been my right hand man for over 20 years here. To me, he is not only a good friend, but a treasure..

Dan lost his long time wife and soul mate (Melinda) today. She suffered a massive stroke last Tuesday and unfortunately succumbed and passed away early this morning in Lafayette.

Melinda was a kind soul and a huge Saints fan, and Dan and Melinda were inseparable. You would often spot them together at Saints games, Training camps, as well as the regular SR gatherings and functions that we used to have (which we need to start doing again) sporting their Obidan and Obiwife jerseys. Melinda will be sorely missed.

1543282742283.png

My heart goes out to Dan for his loss. I just want to make sure that Dan knows that we are here for the old curmudgeon (who is actually a big teddy bear) during his time of grief and mourning.

Dan has been undergoing testing for a mysterious, as yet to be identified illness himself of late, and I am concerned about him.

I know that Dan has a lot of friends here, and he will be reading this thread when time allows.

Dan! If you need anything at all, do not hesitate to ask.

-Andrus
I'm relatively new to the forum, but family is family. Dan, I am praying and will continue to pray for you and your family. This forum has a way of bringing people of all walks, ages and (clearing throat) trolls together under a common bond. Melinda is truly a Saint now. Who Dat!

Don't know you Dan but I can relate as i lost someone close to me not long ago. Just hang in there and appreciate the ones you love even more. Lean on those that love you that's why they're there. I'll be praying for you brother.

Extremely sad to hear this. Dan - my prayers are with you and your family.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom