Dan Marino said......................... (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
That the 2 Superbowl QB's will be Phillip Rivers and Drew Brees! I guess he is predicting the Saints and Chargers in the Superbowl!

Chargers I can see. If they pass the first round, they probably will face Indy, which they can destroy with LT and Merriman. The Saints still have a few players away to reach the SB, but one can always hope. The things that fall to place this year for the Saints is unreal. They may just pull it off just like the 69 Mets.

If our D was more consistant, I'd say that's realistic. Not even Indy can overcome horrible D.

Both QB's are neck and neck in stats. Has that ever happened before? A QB (hurt or not) get's released and the backup (heralded) comes in and pretty much does just as good if not better and their stats being relatively the same.

I didn't expect Rivers to be this good. I guess I saw too much Leaf in the kid.

Chargers I can see. If they pass the first round, they probably will face Indy, which they can destroy with LT and Merriman. The Saints still have a few players away to reach the SB, but one can always hope. The things that fall to place this year for the Saints is unreal. They may just pull it off just like the 69 Mets.

Saints eliminate the turn overs, D plays more 3 and out ball, and our chances are just as good as anyone else's in the NFC right now. The only NFC team that is currently a tier above the Saints, Giants, Seahawks, & possibly the Cowboys & Eagles, are the Bears... And they can be beaten...

I say your NFC representative in Miami will come from the teams above, and we're right in the hunt.....

The way teams in the NFC are playing right now, we are all about even.

Bears: 8-1
Saints: 6-3
Seahawks: 6-3
Giants: 6-3
Eagles: 5-5
Cowboys: 5-5

None of these teams are unbeatable. Of these teams, the Saints are playing the best offense, and the Bears are playing the best Defense. It will come down between these 2 teams.

When a team with good offense plays against a team with good defense, who normally comes out ahead?

Indy 9-0, with an average defense, beaten some of the leagues best defenses.

But I think you could find many arguments to the contrary, also.

I think the Saints stand an excellent chance. Seattle has a cake schedule so they probably have the inside track on the bye but if we can get it then I think we can make it to the Superbowl.

When a team with good offense plays against a team with good defense, who normally comes out ahead?
The team that scores more points :dunno:

Seriously though, defense is only half of the game and you cannot win a game with defense alone. You have to have balance. For every Ravens defense-Superbowl winner there is a St. Louis offense-Superbowl winner.

The team that scores more points :dunno:

Seriously though, defense is only half of the game and you cannot win a game with defense alone. You have to have balance. For every Ravens defense-Superbowl winner there is a St. Louis offense-Superbowl winner.

Rams had the fifth ranked defense in the league that year. That's especially impressive considering how often they were on the field with the Rams' quick strike offense, and how often teams were airing it out on them playing catch up.

It's a common myth that the Rams were only an offensive-based team that year.

Well good, defense doesn't win championships still. Defense and offense, working in harmony win championships.

In other words... good teams win championships. I believe the Saints are a good team.

If I'm not mistaken on average thus far we are allowing 5.0 ypc. on the ground. That has to stop and IMO it's our biggest problem.

If I'm not mistaken on average thus far we are allowing 5.0 ypc. on the ground. That has to stop and IMO it's our biggest problem.

I thought our run defense was solid. I think those two 70 yard runs affected that average.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom