Dan Marino?! (1 Viewer)

ianm892

All-Pro
Reaction score
Anyone else hearing the media calling Phillip Rivers the next dan marino...come on he's played well yes...but to marino's level NO...i think the media is definately over hyping him...while drew brees is quietly having a monster season (already over 3,000 yards passing)

They were eager to call Rivers a great QB back when they only allowed him to dump passes no further out than 5 yards. Now that they've allowed him to open it up, they feel like its just backing up their boasts. However, I will say this, he has been playing very well...though anytime you have a back like LT running, your passing game will open up.

yea, remember this team has been playing together for a while...they have a stellar defense, established coaching staff, the best RB in football and have been thru alot as a team...

he is good though...but overhype at this point....IMO

There is only one Dan Marino. I like Rivers a lot, but he's going to have to play at an extremely high level for the next 7-8 years to be anywhere near Marino.

I'm really rooting for the Chargers in the AFC (and the Colts too). LT is probably my favorite non-Saint and he is a thrill to watch.

Yea I remember all those years Marino had a monster running back like LT...waaaaaaait never mind.

yeaa rivers is DEF. not a marino but thus far he's been solid although he has a great surrounding cast

He is making nice passes to no-name wide receivers. Gates and Tomlinson don't hurt his case either.

We and the media say the same thing about Reggie and Barry Sanders. We don't complain :)

To be fair, he has always been compared to Marino. Even in college he was always talked about as being a Marino type player. It is not for the way, exclusively, that he has played this year.

The biggest similarities between Marino and Phillip Rivers are stature and an absolute lightening release (even though Rivers' release is funky and I hate it, he can get the ball out nearly as fast as Dan).

Other than that, time will tell.

Rivers' throwing motion was caused by his using an oversized football when he was young. It's awkward looking, but the ball just ZIPS out of his hand.

riversheatvision.gif

Gotta love the vision (and the laser eyes).

Put another way, all the things that people are saying about him now, Wolfpack Nation has been saying for at LEAST five years now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom