Dan Morgan and a false sense of security... (1 Viewer)

The Saints signed him because of his talent, they signed him to a one year deal because of his injury history, but I dont think they envision him as the solution to the WLB spot because of his injury history, it woudnt be wise to go into camp with Morgan being the only addition to the WLB spot....if its not Rivers, it will be another linebacker, were not going into camp with Shanle and Morgan battling it out..there will be a third party....for those hoping Morgan pans out, there just as skeptical as the guys saying he wont pan out, there is nothing wrong with hoping for the best, the problem is thinking the problem is solved and nobody on here thinks that.....right? alot of these 1-2yr deal players are not guaranteed to make this squad (Morgan, Stecker, Devery etc) those are tryout contracts (Stecker signed a 2yr deal, for you critiquers out there)

DWD. I think the Saints have done a great job addressing the void at linebacker, aside from getting Briggs or drafting a rookie (which is still an option). I know we don't like to think about it, but at worst we have last years crew if (knock on wood) Vilma and Morgan aren't healthy. Resigning last year's LBs was very smart and hopefully they will only provide depth.

If he's healthy, he will have Simmons role. Backup at MLB and ROLB. This staff is going to start Shanle.

I disagree....

If Dan stays healthy, he will beat Shanle out pretty easily at WLB....

Morgan is a Pro-Bowl level/Play-Making LB *if healthy*, and has good speed on top of that...you don't put him on the bench cause someone has been starting here for 2 years like Shanle and looked lack-luster last year on top of that. No contest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom