Dan Orlovsky Change of Heart Lol (1 Viewer)

A rare acknowledgement of being wrong. The media would be a lot better if this kind of thing occurred more regularly.
I guess I can look at it like this but...I still believe the Bucs will likely finish strong due to their weak schedule in December and Dan will jump right back on their bandwagon for the playoffs.

I look at teams in the hunt and don't believe in them, sure the Bucs will get in as a wildcard, no idea where they end up, and if you play the NFC East team in the first round, good spot to be in... however, a wildcard getting to the superbowl under this format, I'll believe it when I see it.

Bucs upcoming games are KC, Vikings, Falclowns, Lions, Falclowns.

You have to respect him owning that he was wrong.

If what we saw from the Saints on Sunday is what we can expect from now on (not the 8 sacks, but more so the intensity from the DLine and LBers), I don't think there's another team in the NFC that can hang with us. Outside of maybe the Seahawks WR group (who haven't looked especially good as of late), it's not even close. The Saints feel like the best team in the NFC from top to bottom. But the NFL is a week to week league, and we aren't sure what this team'll look like with Brees, so it's going to be interesting in the coming weeks. Have to wonder if Taysom will see more pocket QB snaps even after Brees comes back, though.

I doubt he gets back on board with the Bucs...sometimes these analysts will get P'Oed at teams for embarrassing them after the analyst has championed them...

A rare acknowledgement of being wrong. The media would be a lot better if this kind of thing occurred more regularly.
The problem is media companies are not about journalism. They are profit making entities. They need your clicks and viewership.

To get that they push your buttons. Orlovsky has a producer and/or editor that will give him his narratives and story lines to push, even if they contradict something they said last month.

And Sports or otherwise the narratives are shaped by what is acceptable to advertisers and ownership, not necessarily what is factual or logical.

Last edited:
The problem is media companies are not about journalism. They are profit making entities. They need your clicks and viewership.

To get that they push your buttons. Orlovsky has a producer and/or editor that will give him his narratives and story lines to push, even if they contradict something the said last month.

And Sports or otherwise the narratives are shaped by what is acceptable to advertisers and ownership, not necessarily what is factual or logical.
Colin Cowherd and Skip Bayless make a living doing exactly what you are saying.

I'm not entirely cool with an ex player, turned media talking head, using the term "trash" about another team.

If fans say it, that's one thing. But this flip flopper?

To get that they push your buttons. Orlovsky has a producer and/or editor that will give him his narratives and story lines to push, even if they contradict something the said last month.

Colin Cowherd and Skip Bayless make a living doing exactly what you are saying.

Yup, the over the top Trash comment about the Bucs offensive scheme (true or not, most likely true) is all the evidence you need to support the above statements!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom