Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson [Merged/Updated - Possible Rampage Retirement] (1 Viewer)

My post regarding this on Sherdog:

After reading that and watching Rampage fight throughout his career, I am absolutely amazed at the amount of hate Rampage is getting on this board. Why would anyone as a man have hatred for another man or insult another man for doing what he wants and following his dreams? Whether your like his personality or not, you can NEVER, EVER question his fighting ability, his ability to entertain, and his place in MMA history.

If you are mad at Rampage or are calling him out because of this, you really need to take a step back and ask yourself why you feel this way. Note to Sherdog - Rampage is not a slave to your every want and desire. He is not a slave to the UFC, either. It is okay for the UFC to cut a fighter after 2 or 3 fights regardless of his contract, but it is not okay for a fighter to walk away when he is ready? If you are sick of your job and want to pursue other avenues, should you stick with it and be miserable because that is what other people want, or should you do what makes you happy?

To those who state that Rampage owes the UFC, Dana White did everything for him, etc, remember, it goes both ways. Rampage was a star in MMA before the UFC. Furthermore, if you really believe the UFC brought Rampage into the fold for the benefit of Rampage, please send me your paypal account, and I will forward you my accurate prediction of your future. Rampage was brought to the UFC, so that Dana White's and the UFC's poster boy, Chuck, could avenge his most brutal lost. The UFC, Dana White, and the UFC fan boys thought that Chuck was an unstoppable freight train, and that he would steam right over Rampage, especially considering that Rampage was in a funk. Furthermore, Dana White and the UFC made just as much money off of Rampage's name and fighting ability as Rampage made off of them.

As he stated himself, Rampage can't fight forever. He is nearing 40 professional fights total with the vast majority of them being at the absolute, elite most level. Maybe he doesnt want to fight until he looks like Wand or Nog, allow himself to get washed up and kayoed by lesser fighters, or fight until he is 46 like the UFC's hyped-up hero. If he can take advantage of his current fame and parlay it into another successful career, God Bless him. To say anything otherwise is just hating.

Rampage has fought and beaten some of the best fighters in both Pride and UFC, has the greatest finish to a fight ever in Arona, unified the Pride and UFC belts in the toughest weight class in the sport, is the only man with wins over Liddell and Silva, etc. He accomplished all of this with nothing more than HS wrestling as a base. He wasn't in the Olympics, he wasn't a jitz black belt, he wasn't an amateur boxer, a MT pro, etc. He did all of this by just being stronger, tougher, and just badder than most. After looking at Rampage's resume, it absolute baffles me that anyone would think that he is ducking or scared to fight anyone.

If Rampage truly retires tomorrow, he is both an UFC and Pride legend.

Look guys, we dont' know the whole story... I like the UFC and Rampage is one of my favorite fighters but we don't know what is really happening.

We know this - DW spouts off at the mouth a lot.
Rampage agreed to fight Evans at the end of TUF.
UFC brought UFC 107 to Memphis for Rampage.
Rampage backed out to do movie.
DW was unhappy.
This is where it gets dicey. Rampage is now saying DW and UFC forced him to do all these things in the past year or so. Was he lying before and just now fessin' up? I mean, we don't know. I would almost be willing to guarentee Rampage will fight in the UFC again next year. They'll squash this and that will be that.

The A-Team will most likely advertise on UFC shows so they'll ask Rampage to play nice again. They need that audience.

DW will realize Rampage sells tickets and he'll give him a shot.

IT's all kind of silly. Both are arrogant which is why I like them both.

DW thinks he's the best promoter in the world and Page thinks he's the best fighter in the world. They are just bumping heads.

If he really does retire, which is his choice, I wish him nothing but the best. I have always liked Rampage. I don't fault him for trying to make money.

He also said that is about memories of his father that led him to the movie. Good for him. If I had a chance to do something like that, I would jump on it.

He has had a brilliant career, some great fights and if he is getting out healthy. His personality is made for a career in entertainment as well.

I will be curious to see what Dana says about this.

I also agree a lot with what Stun said.

As a Rashad fan, I will always have this to say:
Rashad scared Rampage into retirement.

Seriously though, if this is true, big blow for UFC and MMA in general.

Whether that's true or not, with the amount of talking Rampage did with Evans, it certainly appears that he's running into retirement. At the very least, Evans will think that and will tell Rampage that whenever they see each other.

I don't know, B.A. Barracus is fun and all, but if I thought I could truly beat Rashad, there ain't no way I could retire with that fight looming out there.

I love Rampage and hate Rahsad. But this seems waaay too coincidental.

I don't think anyone ran him in to retirement...he has fought everyone who is somebody!!!!!!he can't fight forever so if there's a chance to get out now why not take it

I don't think anyone ran him in to retirement...he has fought everyone who is somebody!!!!!!he can't fight forever so if there's a chance to get out now why not take it

Whether it's actually true or not doesn't matter.

It looks like it is. That's enough for most fighters to fight one last fight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom