Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson [Merged/Updated - Possible Rampage Retirement] (1 Viewer)

It really angers me to hear people turning on Rampage all of a sudden, especiallly since Dana White put out this statement. It's okay for the UFC to cut Rampage if he were to lose his next 2 or 3 fights, but it is not okay for Rampage to pursue other options in his life?

Rampage can't fight forever. He is nearing 40 professional fights total with the vast majority of them being at the absolute, elite most level. Maybe he doesnt want to fight until he looks like Wand or Nog, allow himself to get washed up and kayoed by lesser fighters, or fight until he is 46 like the UFC's hyped-up hero. If he can take advantage of his current fame and parlay it into another successful career, God Bless him. To say anything otherwise is just hating.

Rampage has fought and beaten some of the best fighters in both Pride and UFC, has the greatest finish to a fight ever in Arona, unified the Pride and UFC belts in the toughest weight class in the sport, is the only man with wins over Liddell and Silva, etc. He accomplished all of this with nothing more than HS wrestling as a base. He wasn't in the Olympics, he wasn't a jitz black belt, he wasn't an amateur boxer, a MT pro, etc. He did all of this by just being stronger, tougher, and just badder than most. After looking at Rampage's resume, it absolute baffles me that anyone would think that he is ducking or scared to fight anyone.

If Rampage retires tomorrow, he is both an UFC and Pride legend.

I bet Dana White made millions and got to the top of his industry by never looking out for #1.

I just looked over the article, wow is all I can say. Not even a good luck to the guy. Practically wrote him off for trying to branch off for a movie.

Well, considering Rampage is backing out of a long scheduled fight that they built an entire season of TUF around and the UFC decided to hold it in Memphis solely because Rampage wanted to fight an event in his hometown I'd say Dana has a right to be upset.

I can understand being angry because of all the time and money spent on this upcommin fight but I think in the long run the ufc will benfit from this movie....I can see it now former ufc champion rampage Jackson starin in the a team....it may bring in more fans!!!but any way the fight will still happin!!!! Look how many time Tito bumped heads with Dana and he just resigned

Why would they get anyone but Mr T to play B.A. Baracus? He still looks exactly the same.

Yeah, White will be furious all the way to the bank as he cashes in on a rescheduled fight that I'm sure will take place right around the time the movie is promoted during every commercial break on every channel in America.

Yeah, White will be furious all the way to the bank as he cashes in on a rescheduled fight that I'm sure will take place right around the time the movie is promoted during every commercial break on every channel in America.

I'm sure they'll have a live show on spike and every commercial will be promotein the movie

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom