Dane Brugler Projects Saints Taking Matt Corral in Latest Mock (1 Viewer)

I don't think the Saints should draft any QB out of this draft class. I think sans Simian, the QB room will consist of Winston, Bortles, Hill, and Book.

Yeah, I watched every one of Ole Miss's games this year and Corral is a bit of project in that he probably shouldn't start right away, but his main problem is not "happy feet," so I have no idea where you get this observation from. And saying a QB is "is too small" is pretty worthless too coming on the heels of Brees's HOF career.
Only saw him play a couple of times, and it was my impression that he sometimes feels pressure that's not there. I like him, but he'll probably need seasoning. He reminds me of Mariota, who was terribly mismanaged.

Only saw him play a couple of times, and it was my impression that he sometimes feels pressure that's not there. I like him, but he'll probably need seasoning. He reminds me of Mariota, who was terribly mismanaged.
His pocket presence and processing information needs some work, but more often than not, he was a statue in the pocket; I actually saw the opposite more than once in that he was too late to feel the pressure and maneuvered his way into sacks--meaning, he was too stationary until it was too late.

And I think his athleticism is way underrated; he's a lot more mobile than many assume, but like so many other mobile QBs, that game won't translate well enough for a long career in the NFL.

Rookie QB with no one to throw to.

I mean, if Michael Thomas comes back then our WR group goes from terrible to okay. I'd rather have Winston, a stud 1st round WR, and Michael Thomas. But, if you take the stud 1st round WR, but have only Siemian and/or Bortles, you have a rookie WR and Michael Thomas with no one to throw to them.

Maybe. He'd be better than Bortles or Siemian, but I'm not sure I'd trust him to get this team over the top. I could see him getting to the playoffs or maybe a first round win, but not much more than that. But, he could surprise if you put enough talent around him.

Regardless, we would likely still need to draft a QB high in the near future, but I could be convinced to give Teddy a shot for this year.

Maybe. He'd be better than Bortles or Siemian, but I'm not sure I'd trust him to get this team over the top. I could see him getting to the playoffs or maybe a first round win, but not much more than that. But, he could surprise if you put enough talent around him.

Regardless, we would likely still need to draft a QB high in the near future, but I could be convinced to give Teddy a shot for this year.
RIght...he's an "In case of emergency" type of pick up...only if Winston walks and Hill isn't anywhere near being ready for week one. We went 5-0 with him and he did put up a 300yd 4TD game running our system. He's accurate on the short stuff with just enough arm to go over the top.

Still doesn't fix what was wrong with the Offense
We need WR’s and this draft should be a great one to pick up a couple good ones. We still need someone to throw the ball to the WR’s I’ve seen some things saying MT might be on the trading block and if he is we may be able to pick up another first round pick at the least a high second. If Corral or Pickett is there you have to take that pick. Corral throws a great deep ball and has the ability to escape pressure. He is mainly a pocket passer who can run but he is a very accurate. Someone referred to him as Taysom 2.0 and that might be right but Corral can actually throw the football.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom