Dane Brugler Projects Saints Taking Matt Corral in Latest Mock (1 Viewer)

These talking heads are a trip...last year they were all like "Ian Book is the steal of the draft"....now they all have us taking another QB this year....so were they all full of feces last year or are they full of it this year?
Who said Ian Book was a steal? There was a report of another coach texting Sean Payton saying that Book was a good pick. Pretty much every draft source has Book as a mid round pick…which is where he was drafted. He was our fourth string QB last year, and got annihilated in his own playing time. I highly he has any impact at all on our offseason plans.

My take...Corral's ceiling for success is Mac Jones' rookie season. Maybe good enough to get you to the playoffs, but he won't do any damage once there. Only thing he'd have going for him here is that he wouldn't have to run the AFC QB shootout gauntlet in the playoffs, but I truly think he doesn't have the upside to get past any of them. IMO Jalen Hurts has a better passing pedigree and we all see how that's going in Phi.

Yeap...BAD PICK, I'd run a seaon with Book before going w/ Corral.
How many of Corral’s games have you watched?

How many of Corral’s games have you watched?
3....v LSU this year and last (where he threw 12 INTs against that hot pile of .... Defense LSU fielded in 2020) and this year's Bama game (kinda)....didn't see anything special, but I don't actively follow Ole Miss nor do I really watch CFB with that keen of an eye....but nothing I saw in any of these games screamed, "This guy is the future of the New Orleans Saints"

Draft Kenny Pickett.
Pickett is the only QB in this draft I’d be OK with making a play for… I believe he’s got “it”. I think he looks like Mac Jones (if I thought Mac Jones was actually good coming out of college).

The only way they get Pickett though is by trading up for him… he’s long gone by 18.
I could talk myself into it, if that’s the path they take, but 😬

Pickett is the only QB in this draft I’d be OK with making a play for… I believe he’s got “it”. I think he looks like Mac Jones (if I thought Mac Jones was actually good coming out of college).

The only way they get Pickett though is by trading up for him… he’s long gone by 18.
I could talk myself into it, if that’s the path they take, but 😬
Is he projected top 10? Just wondering if he's close enough to us to trade up for him.

If...and only if we were determined to draft a QB, I'm good with that. But, I'd much rather a WR or OL.
I think they will consider it. Last year, the Saints were going to move up for Jaycee Horn or Mac Jones. Is it possible that they go for a veteran like Wilson? Sure. But the costs will be steep. They can move picks to get up for Pickett. For Wilson, it might involve picks and players. Now, if they decide to bring Winston back and are ready to roll with him, then maybe they focus on WR/OL. But, again, if they had traded up, they were going to take Jones WITH Winston on the roster. Sean likes Jameis, but I think Pickett is someone who would energize him.
Is he projected top 10? Just wondering if he's close enough to us to trade up for him.
It is tricky because there are concerns about the size of his hands. But I think he is a guy who can get as high as maybe #5 (if all goes well over the next couple months) and his floor is probably #12. It is not likely he would get to #18 but if he did, he would not get any lower. My sense is that the Saints would probably need to get to #10 to get him unless Carolina falls in love with him.

Mel Kiper has the Saints taking Pickett in his mock from this morning.
I also have a hard time seeing the Saints going QB, but if they do, I think I prefer Pickett to all other 1st RD possibilities...
I’m with you on Pickett . I think he’s the best QB in this draft but only time will tell .

These talking heads are a trip...last year they were all like "Ian Book is the steal of the draft"....now they all have us taking another QB this year....so were they all full of feces last year or are they full of it this year?

And Mel Kiper is right less than one of those watches with 2 time zones.

"The Saints are in limbo with their quarterback situation, but Corral could be the answer that Sean Payton has been looking for. The Ole Miss quarterback has the athleticism of Taysom Hill coupled with an explosive arm and passing instincts to create big plays through the air."

Jameson Williams: Bills (27)
Chris Olave: Lions (28)
Garrett Wilson: Jets (10)
Treylon Burks: Browns (13)
Kenny Pickett: WFT (11)

Saints Second Round Pick: WR Jalen Tolbert out of South Alabama
No QB in college or pro football history has the athleticism of Taysom Hill.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom