Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50 Board (1 Viewer)

Cornerback is the position of greatest need. I hope we do not, and do not think we will, move up in the first round. Too many needs. But if DeVonta Smith or Jaycee Horn slides, I could see us trading up into the late teens or early twenties.

Last edited:
Cornerback is the position of greatest need. I hope we do not, and do not think we will, move up in the first round. Too many needs. But if DeVonta Smith or Jaycee Horn slides, I could see us trading up into the late teens.
I don’t think Smith/Waddle/Marshall fall, and there’s a big drop off after Chase and those three. Most sims I’ve done have had at least one of Horn/Samuel/Newsome/Collins/Vera-Tucker dropping to 28 and you can’t go wrong there.

Itll be interesting to see how they fill 6 needs and 3 picks in the top 100. Its a deep DT and top heavy LB class but weak at CB edge and TE. Imo BPA on the saints board would have to be a linebacker. A wide receiver in the first would be disappointing and unnecessary but a defensive tackle would be disappointing but not surprising. I expect them to find another UDFA gem and sign a FA CB

Cornerback is the position of greatest need. I hope we do not, and do not think we will, move up in the first round. Too many needs. But if DeVonta Smith or Jaycee Horn slides, I could see us trading up into the late teens or early twenties.

Arguably it's not. The Saints have a veteran/homegrown nucleus in the secondary. Lattimore, Jenkins, Williams, PJ Williams, CeeDee Deuce, Patrick Robinson have all been in the system for multiple years. They can insert a young guy in at CB and take their lumps or they can insert a TJ Carrie type veteran in and still be a top 10 secondary. It's a luxury they have right now for drafting so well since 2017.

You'd like to get a DB and get one early but there's a reason teams move around the draft a lot for QB's and not DB's. Not to mention a cheap QB contract in a year would allow you to keep a lot of guys on defense and perhaps have more of a presence in Free Agency if this years retool isn't effective.

The grades are important however. Take what Bruce Arians said and apply it

“If the right [quarterback] guy is there that we think is a developmental guy that has the upside that outweighs the five guys we’re looking at . . . sure,” Arians said, via Rick Stroud of Tampa Bay Times.

Saints should be in a very similar frame of mind.

For my $, DJ is the best there is.

As im looking at this big board I like Kelvin Joseph as a good 2nd round prospect. Red Shirt sophomore, good upside, would fall into the lap of a good coach and he's got some intensity about him. Very competitive player that likely needs to be reigned in a bit but if he's got a little Richard Sherman in him I wouldn't be upset one bit.

SinfulMetallicApisdorsatalaboriosa-max-1mb.gif

As im looking at this big board I like Kelvin Joseph as a good 2nd round prospect. Red Shirt sophomore, good upside, would fall into the lap of a good coach and he's got some intensity about him. Very competitive player that likely needs to be reigned in a bit but if he's got a little Richard Sherman in him I wouldn't be upset one bit.
60 minutes brought him up the other day so I went and watched some of his film. I agree with taking him in the 2nd round. Great size and awareness.

60 minutes brought him up the other day so I went and watched some of his film. I agree with taking him in the 2nd round. Great size and awareness.
He’s someone I’d move up for. Historically there’s a run in the early/mid 2ndround on corners. It’s the Tracy Porter/Darius Slay range

A very nice effort by Daniel Jeremiah on nfl.com. His top 50 big board, and one of the better ones that I have seen. Came out on 3.29.

www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2021-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-3-0

Good list. If the Saints got Greg Newsome II or Nick Bolton in the first it wouldn't bother me one bit. Jamin Davis would be a nice pickup too. I like guys in the first who have a decent chance to start at a position of need and one of those three would fit the bill.

Saints drafts embody the old expression, "Expect the unexpected." Once Lattimore fell, that was a rare instance of the opposite. The Saints have a lot more needs this time, so I wouldn't be very surprised at anything. Except trading down--they never do that. :hihi:

Saints drafts embody the old expression, "Expect the unexpected." Once Lattimore fell, that was a rare instance of the opposite. The Saints have a lot more needs this time, so I wouldn't be very surprised at anything. Except trading down--they never do that. :hihi:

The funny thing is that Payton basically tells us what he is going to do in the draft every year, but we never pay attention and always just assume it's smoke. It's like a Jedi Mind Trick. Tell the truth because everyone will assume it's a lie.

Trade down is my first choice and get the extra picks.
Mac Jones if he's there though. To me a no brainer and secures the outlook for the next 3-5 years.
If not get a LB to team with Davis and I'd like Tommy Togiai in the second.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom