Daniel Lasco, Marcus Murphy suffer concussions in Friday's exhibition (1 Viewer)

Carey

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I didn't see the Murphy one but Lasco's was awful. Suspension level awful. I was scared for they guy for several minutes until I saw Holder tweet that he walked off under his on volition.

SAINTSFAN

Contributor
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What is ridiculous is that the Murphy hit did not even draw a flag. I am glad the league is trying to protect the players.

natedog

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
They are both easy to see in slow motion, but the game is played at full speed. Maybe fines will come later.

crosswatt

Gone Fishing.
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So Pittsburgh didn't learn anything from the Bengals last year I guess.

This has to spell the end for Murphy though I think. And clears up the backfield competition when Lasco gets his "redshirt" season.

Billgluckman

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I know people won't like this but, I saw the lasco hit. At full speed it didn't look like a deliberate helmet to helmet. In slow motion it looks bad, but they're playing at full speed out there.

Did not see the murphy hit.

HouseCall

Resist, Ronald, resist!
Reaction score
They are both easy to see in slow motion, but the game is played at full speed. Maybe fines will come later.
I thought they looked more egregious at full speed. The Murphy hit should have been easily flagged as well as the clothesline to Fleener. Refs were really bad last night.

jesusfish

HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAA!!!!
Reaction score
As far as player safety changes go, what about the play where the receiver (Fleener?) goes up for a catch in traffic and gets a forearm across his helmet and neck?

Muerte33

All-Pro
Reaction score
There should be some fines coming early next week.
Those hits were nasty.
I mean if this behavior is condoned, then why aren't we doing it?

LoE

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know people won't like this but, I saw the lasco hit. At full speed it didn't look like a deliberate helmet to helmet. In slow motion it looks bad, but they're playing at full speed out there.

Did not see the murphy hit.
Murphy hit was ugly too. I don't condemn defensive backs for taking a shot at a runner. It's what they're supposed to do. No fault of theirs.

If I blame anything, it's hard plastic armor. Soft leather padding made sense, worked for a hundred years of football.

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So Pittsburgh didn't learn anything from the Bengals last year I guess.

This has to spell the end for Murphy though I think. And clears up the backfield competition when Lasco gets his "redshirt" season.
The end of Murphy? He probably had the best run of the night for any running back he pretty much got grabbed then cleaned up by the safety. I don't know what people are seeing but Murphy is a good returner and talented runner overall he can help this team speed wise.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)