Daniel Lasco, Marcus Murphy suffer concussions in Friday's exhibition (1 Viewer)

I feel bad for my people. Some of you refuse to see. I'm not going to try an make you, and, I'm hoping we see a change in the regular season. If you watched the game, you saw a very strong team manhandle and abuse another. We weren't physically ready to tangle with Pittsburgh.

No need to be defensive about that...it's truth.

I feel bad for my people. Some of you refuse to see. I'm not going to try an make you, and, I'm hoping we see a change in the regular season. If you watched the game, you saw a very strong team manhandle and abuse another. We weren't physically ready to tangle with Pittsburgh.

No need to be defensive about that...it's truth.

You sound ridiculous.

You are making an argument that if we were tougher, helmet to helmet hits wouldn't cause concussions. That's just stupid.

You sound ridiculous.

You are making an argument that if we were tougher, helmet to helmet hits wouldn't cause concussions. That's just stupid.

Alright, season isn't here yet. I could on a long soliloquy here, but I won't. We would just go back forth and agree to disagree.

We are taking our hardest hits and seeing the most aggression in games. Concussions aside (none of us want to see that), but we didn't match up good, and most times the weaker team gets injured.

Alright, season isn't here yet. I could on a long soliloquy here, but I won't. We would just go back forth and agree to disagree.

We are taking our hardest hits and seeing the most aggression in games. Concussions aside (none of us want to see that), but we didn't match up good, and most times the weaker team gets injured.

Why beat up your team in practice? I swear some of you want them practicing in 110 degrees with 100% humidity hitting as hard as they can every practice. Makes no sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at the game. To my untrained eye it appeared that the Steeler defensive backs and linebackers launched themselves helmet and shoulder pads first into every tackle. They didn't appear to "wrap up". Most of the time the Saint player would see it coming and get low and the Steeler would deliver a glancing blow or dive over the Saints player, but it was pretty obvious to me that with the Steelers reckless approach this was bound to happen. What struck me was why do this in a meaningless preseason game? I guess I understand a back up needing to make the team going overboard but it was across the board.

Why beat up your team in practice? I swear some of you want them practicing in 110 degrees with 100% humidity hitting as hard as they can every practice. Makes no sense

That's an over exaggeration. The same as if someone came in here and said that they just played Madden up in The Greenbrier. What is clear, and has been for a while, is we aren't properly training our guys to take some of the hits in the NFL, and we are not conditioning our guys, strengthening them on the lines. We are not strong on defense, and that makes us also weak on offense. Now, concussions are one thing, which is why I wasn't going to dance that dance...they are serious...but Murphy's hit didn't even look like a head shot. Lasco clearly was a shoulder to the head region...but it wasn't head to head like Pierre's shot in San Fran. We just have to be realistic and not defensive. Right now, the physicality of our team is not matching other NFL teams.

That's coaching.

It is an approach to meaningless games. The body only has so many hits in it. Why waste them on meaningless games? Work on technique. Work on placement, communication and seeing who fits and who doesn't. Then when the season starts, players are ready to go

What really bothered me about the Murphy hit was how meaningless it was. Twenty seconds left in a preseason game that the Steelers had in the bag. Murphy was in the process of being tackled and the guy comes flying in with that hit. Unnecessary.

Witnessing that hit in the dome was worst you can see clearly that guy from Pittsburgh wanted to intentionally hurt Lasco he should be suspended and fined that was disturbing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom