Daniel Lasco, Marcus Murphy suffer concussions in Friday's exhibition (1 Viewer)

I didn't see the Murphy one but Lasco's was awful. Suspension level awful. I was scared for they guy for several minutes until I saw Holder tweet that he walked off under his on volition.

Anyone got videos of the hits? I haven't watched the second half yet. Is that when this happened?

What is ridiculous is that the Murphy hit did not even draw a flag. I am glad the league is trying to protect the players.

They are both easy to see in slow motion, but the game is played at full speed. Maybe fines will come later.

So Pittsburgh didn't learn anything from the Bengals last year I guess.

This has to spell the end for Murphy though I think. And clears up the backfield competition when Lasco gets his "redshirt" season.

I know people won't like this but, I saw the lasco hit. At full speed it didn't look like a deliberate helmet to helmet. In slow motion it looks bad, but they're playing at full speed out there.

Did not see the murphy hit.

They are both easy to see in slow motion, but the game is played at full speed. Maybe fines will come later.

I thought they looked more egregious at full speed. The Murphy hit should have been easily flagged as well as the clothesline to Fleener. Refs were really bad last night.

As far as player safety changes go, what about the play where the receiver (Fleener?) goes up for a catch in traffic and gets a forearm across his helmet and neck?

There should be some fines coming early next week.
Those hits were nasty.
I mean if this behavior is condoned, then why aren't we doing it?

I know people won't like this but, I saw the lasco hit. At full speed it didn't look like a deliberate helmet to helmet. In slow motion it looks bad, but they're playing at full speed out there.

Did not see the murphy hit.

Murphy hit was ugly too. I don't condemn defensive backs for taking a shot at a runner. It's what they're supposed to do. No fault of theirs.

If I blame anything, it's hard plastic armor. Soft leather padding made sense, worked for a hundred years of football.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom