Daniel Lasco, Marcus Murphy suffer concussions in Friday's exhibition (1 Viewer)

So Pittsburgh didn't learn anything from the Bengals last year I guess.

This has to spell the end for Murphy though I think. And clears up the backfield competition when Lasco gets his "redshirt" season.

The end of Murphy? He probably had the best run of the night for any running back he pretty much got grabbed then cleaned up by the safety. I don't know what people are seeing but Murphy is a good returner and talented runner overall he can help this team speed wise.

The end of Murphy? He probably had the best run of the night for any running back he pretty much got grabbed then cleaned up by the safety. I don't know what people are seeing but Murphy is a good returner and talented runner overall he can help this team speed wise.

We have a roster to fill out. You can't make the roster as a bubble player if you are injured and other guys are healthy.

Cadet just took the #4 spot by default (he also had a great screen last night).

See...this is what happens when the hardest hits you take are not in practice. You are not prepared for the game hits. I used to tell my guys that I want to see the thunder in practice...that way I knew they were ready for the game. They would love facetime, bc they knew that it wasn't going to be as grueling...but if so, they were prepared for it.

We play pittypat, cutesy football, trying g to trick people, knowing that the league has caught up to that. The teams that win are strong, tough and can throw punches deep into the fourth quarter and deep into the season. That's why we're weren't prepared for Pitt, and that is also why collisions left our guys hurt, as theirs got up and was ready for the next play.

What's head scratching is...these are just preseason games. The hits are immeasurably harder in real games.

It's the fumbles. If he be trusted to hold on to the ball, it presents a real problem for us going forward.

And his obvious talent otherwise makes this very annoying.

See...this is what happens when the hardest hits you take are not in practice. You are not prepared for the game hits. I used to tell my guys that I want to see the thunder in practice...that way I knew they were ready for the game. They would love facetime, bc they knew that it wasn't going to be as grueling...but if so, they were prepared for it.

We play pittypat, cutesy football, trying g to trick people, knowing that the league has caught up to that. The teams that win are strong, tough and can throw punches deep into the fourth quarter and deep into the season. That's why we're weren't prepared for Pitt, and that is also why collisions left our guys hurt, as theirs got up and was ready for the next play.

No, that's what happen when you are hit in the head. That have nothing to do with toughness. Everyone is talking about how tough our camp was for that matter. And if we follow your logic every team is soft because every team have injured players at this point.

Don't come here with that "tough" speech when two guys got hit really bad and got hurt.

So, you want them to get hit hard in the head in practice so they get their concussion symptoms going before the games start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a roster to fill out. You can't make the roster as a bubble player if you are injured and other guys are healthy.

He was never a bubble player he along with Cadet, Lasco were battling for the bottom of the depth chart at tailback and Murphy was the starting KR and PR....that's not a huge player.

No, that's what happen when you are hit in the head. That have nothing to do with toughness. Everyone is talking about how tough our camp was for that matter. And if we follow your logic every team is soft because every team have injured players at this point.

Don't come here with that "tough" speech when two guys got hit really bad and got hurt.

Nah, I saw the hit ...fall back.

Not sure how the refs missed that hit on Murphy. It was obvious his bell was rung. Hope he returns healthy soon.

Marcus Murphy is not getting cut guys. He is dynamic, great vision and can change field position on any given punt return. I'd be surprised if coaches gave up on this young man in season two. Fumbles are correctable.

He was never a bubble player he along with Cadet, Lasco were battling for the bottom of the depth chart at tailback and Murphy was the starting KR and PR....that's not a huge player.

He was absolutely a bubble player.

Payton said as much last week.

This is what happens when you have a soft team. We have time to harden.

I just want a little consistency in the calls across all games. It seems like if that were a Saints player who had hit an opposing RB with his shoulder, it would have been flagged.

Devils Advocate. Cadet also turned over the ball, stripped in the open field.

Previously, I thought Murphy would lose the spot to Cadet. That turnover changed my mind. If both are gonna risk the ball, Murphy is younger, and cheaper.

What's head scratching is...these are just preseason games. The hits are immeasurably harder in real games.

Yes. "Get concussions in practice so you can better deal with concussions in games." -Shizzle, the longest running troll in Internet message board history.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom