Daniel's Diary: A Ticket To See The World - by TCUDan (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
TCUDan is a valued member of the SaintsReport staff and contributor to the Saints SuperForum. In the article linked below, he chronicles the last ten years of his life and reveals his passion for playing and coaching American football. It is an interesting read and shows a love for football that us diehard Saints fans can easily identify with.

295689_10100266978789344_931618937_n.jpg

Daniel's Diary: A Ticket To See The World

If someone had told me 10 years ago that football would one day afford me the opportunity to travel the world, I would have… well, I actually don’t know how I would have reacted. Rolled my eyes? Laughed? Bought them another drink? But here am I today, a testament to that fortuitous—albeit hypothetical—prediction.

But my import story is not your father’s import story. My first opportunity did not arise from my college coach calling me into his office to tell me about the options overseas for “less-than-NFL prospects.” No, my story is a different one, one that starts with a 21-year-old student who had already given up on his football dream.

I discovered American football in Europe much by accident—coincidence, if you believe in that sort of thing. It was during a semester abroad in Ireland that a very lanky and unimposing Irish student came into our international orientation session to recruit Americans for his team, the University of Limerick Vikings. That student’s name was Liam Ryan, and he has since become a legend of sorts in the IAFL (Irish American Football League). But to me, at that time, he was just some skinny guy who looked like he’d break if I hit him hard enough. Yet from the moment he spoke those magic words—“American football”—my heart began beating like a bass drum in the pit of my chest. I couldn’t wait for my first practice. And honestly, I had absolutely no idea what to expect.

The Rest of Dan's story here

I .always respected his opinions now I have great respect for Dan. What a great story and life and he is still a young man. The future is wide open for you TCUDAN

Great article. Dan is very wise beyond his years, a very inspiring story.

TCUDan, where did you find the time to fit it all in and us too?

Thanks.

Thanks, guys. And thanks to Dan for sharing it. I appreciate all the kind words.

Thanks, guys. And thanks to Dan for sharing it. I appreciate all the kind words.

It is well-written and clearly conveys your personal feelings on such a unique experience that most of us can only imagine. Very happy for you.

Congratulations on a job well done! :9:

Dan, thanks for sharing TCUDan's story and thanks to him for writing it. It was a great read about some great experiences. Well done and good luck in the future.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom