Danny Clark should get more PT vs 49ers (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Danny clark probably the best run stopping linebacker that the saints have should get more playing time next week... because Frank Gore is a huge running back... and he is difficult to stop... so i think if we could shut down him we will run away with the game

He stuffed the Falcons twice yesterday on the goal... which led them to field goals... and when the falcons passed on the goal he dropped back into coverage and did not fall for the run play... he is getting better in his pass coverage... and he crushes running backs in the run game

Should he see more playing time vs the 49ers?

I think Mark Simoneau is hurt so we should see more of Clark by default anyway.

I think he should. I would like to see him come in at MLB when Lake and Leisle come into the game torest the starters. It seems we give up bigger run when they are in the line up. i think Clark would help the D more then.

Reg

I agree. Gore had a bruised ankle near the end of his game yesterday. Either way having a more athletic, hard-hitting linebacker would be nice. Simoneaux has held his own, but sometimes he gets lost at the line of scrimmage.

It would be nice to "discover" that Clark is actually an upgrade over Simoneaux. Imagine if we enter the playoffs playing our best defensive ball due to the addtions of Bellamy and Clark. Making teams one-dimensional has been the key to stop them. If we can continue to put teams in 3rd and long situations, more often than not, our bend-but-don't-break defense will rise to the occassion. We have enough good players on the D-line to get some pressure on the QB if they don't have to worry about the run. Lucky for us we don't have to play against another team with a QB that runs a 4.3

Clark is a liability in coverage, but I'm starting to think his positives may outweigh his negatives. Hes absolutely unstoppable in running downs. I'd like to see more of him on 1st downs earlier in games to get a feel for what he can do.

Clark is a liability in coverage, but I'm starting to think his positives may outweigh his negatives. Hes absolutely unstoppable in running downs. I'd like to see more of him on 1st downs earlier in games to get a feel for what he can do.

I don't think he's a liability in coverage. Better versus the run yes, but not a liability versus the pass. Liabilities don't remain starters in this league for 3 years.

I don't think he's a liability in coverage. Better versus the run yes, but not a liability versus the pass. Liabilities don't remain starters in this league for 3 years.

He didn't play obvious passing downs in Oakland. Its a fact hes a liability (which is why he doesn't play anything but goaline and obvious run downs now). How much of one is he? I don't know. I personally think he should get some time starting. He dang sure can hit someone for no gain.

I was trying to find a good way of saying this... thank you my brother... :worthy:

I'm not saying his pass coverage is good because I really don't know, but he covered Crumpler pretty well in the endzone

I feel pretty sure that this staff will put the best players on the field. That being said, there is a reason that he is in on only obvious running downs and goalline.

Besides, giving up 52 yards to Dunn for a 2.7 avg is not that bad (didn't count Vicks scrambles)

If it is not broke, why fix it?

Last edited:
We have 2 complimentary MLB's. Gibbs has not figured out how to use them to be most effective for the team. It would be nice to have a MLB that could do both well, like Urlacher, but that is not our luxury.

Simoneaux is better in coverage and Clark is better against the run.

Start Clark when we play running teams and then start Simoneaux when we play passing teams. Since Simoneaux has been the starter play him against teams that are balanced and bring Clark in on short yardage plays.

It's not about either players ego, but rather what's best for the team.

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom