Dante's Inferno (1 Viewer)

I just finished this game yesterday and, wow, what can I say.

This game is a clone in every meaning of the word. I mean, they tried to make this game EXACTLY like God of War. From the weapons, to the moves, to the control scheme. They even have QTE to execute bigger enemies. Aside from the story, the makers of this game did absolutely nothing to make this game their own. Dante's Inferno is not nearly as smooth as GoW, the cutscenes aren't as good as GoW, the graphics aren't as polished as GoW, and the story isn't nearly as epic as GoW. You would think that being on a mission through the depths of Hell to save the love of your life would be the definition of an epic tale, but compared to GoW, it just fell short.

Now, with that being said, compared to all other hack-n-slash adventure games on the 360, Dante's Inferno is Top 3, IMO. If you haven't played any of the GoW's, this game will impress the hell out of you and you should definitely pick it up. Hell, it's even worth a playthrough if you have played GoW, just don't expect anything new and fresh.

I just wish I wouldn't have played GoW3 and Dante's Inferno within 3 weeks of each other, so I could have enjoyed this game a little more.

I just finished this game yesterday and, wow, what can I say.

This game is a clone in every meaning of the word. I mean, they tried to make this game EXACTLY like God of War. From the weapons, to the moves, to the control scheme. They even have QTE to execute bigger enemies. Aside from the story, the makers of this game did absolutely nothing to make this game their own. Dante's Inferno is not nearly as smooth as GoW, the cutscenes aren't as good as GoW, the graphics aren't as polished as GoW, and the story isn't nearly as epic as GoW. You would think that being on a mission through the depths of Hell to save the love of your life would be the definition of an epic tale, but compared to GoW, it just fell short.

Now, with that being said, compared to all other hack-n-slash adventure games on the 360, Dante's Inferno is Top 3, IMO. If you haven't played any of the GoW's, this game will impress the hell out of you and you should definitely pick it up. Hell, it's even worth a playthrough if you have played GoW, just don't expect anything new and fresh.

I just wish I wouldn't have played GoW3 and Dante's Inferno within 3 weeks of each other, so I could have enjoyed this game a little more.

I thought it was a great game but I never played GOW. I enjoyed just about everything about it.

I thought it was a great game but I never played GOW. I enjoyed just about everything about it.

Exactly. If you haven't played GoW, this game will be awesome to you. Just know, that GoW3 does everything this game does, it just does it a little better. And it did it first.

i played the demo a while back and i felt the same....also, the review in GI basically said that also

i just don't think i have any reason to play it....i could just play GOW3 again

The entire game takes place in Hell (except for about 5 minutes). So that is pretty cool.

i forgot that i had this game from Gamefly

i started playing it last week for an hour or so

to be honest, i would much rather play God of War 3 again than play DI....

i forgot that i had this game from Gamefly

i started playing it last week for an hour or so

to be honest, i would much rather play God of War 3 again than play DI....

The longer you play it, the cooler it gets. The battles don't get as epic as GoW, but the deeper you get into hell, it gets pretty interesting.

Yeah, it's a slow starter, but I love the PWNABILITY you can dish out with Dante as the game evolves through the story line.

I pretty much ALWAYS punish....I'm not the type to absolve. :saburn:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom