DARK on Netflix (2 Viewers)

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Fantastic series. Season 2 is out now. It's like Stranger Thins, but for grown ups (despite many characters being teenagers). I re-watched season 1 before I watched season 2, and I'm glad I did. It is a little confusing at first sorting out all of the characters because you have 4 main families, 3 generations, but the adult characters also are followed in the 1980s and 1950s. And several are having affairs with each other. I found this family tree to be very helpful to follow along:

http://davidklein.de/dark/Netflix_Dark_Families.png

I recommend listening to the dubbed English and the English subtitles at the same time. Sometimes they are slightly different.

OP
Brad Mojo

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
Oh man, this is such a great show. I watched the first two seasons early in the beginning of Covid land. I never watched the first two when they were released - will this be released in full, or one episode at a time?

Imma have to watch that season 2 recap to remember what happened and it's only been a couple of months. Can't imagine trying to remember all the intricacies if I last saw it a year ago.
All episodes available to binge. The family tree chart in the OP helped me a lot for both earlier seasons.

My wife didn't feel like rewatching the entire season 2 so she found this good written recap: https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/06/235074/netflix-dark-season-2-recap-episodes-summary

Bronson

used to be 6 foot 4
Reaction score

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
also one of the most compelling and consistent time travel stories I've ever seen
@James Spader ^ this, extraordinarily well written and for the complexity involved they don't get lazy with details or plot consistency. Because of course not, they're German, and Germans don't break rules and they engineer perfect things.

I will say, you absolutely cannot half-watch this show (I'm guilty of this with a lot of shows - farting around on the web while wathcing). You can't be on your phone surfing SR during this show, you have to pay attention the entire time or you'll miss stuff. But it's not hard to do, it'll keep your attention.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Grandadmiral Warrior Nun on Netflix Everything Else Board 10