DARK on Netflix (1 Viewer)

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
Fantastic series. Season 2 is out now. It's like Stranger Thins, but for grown ups (despite many characters being teenagers). I re-watched season 1 before I watched season 2, and I'm glad I did. It is a little confusing at first sorting out all of the characters because you have 4 main families, 3 generations, but the adult characters also are followed in the 1980s and 1950s. And several are having affairs with each other. I found this family tree to be very helpful to follow along:

http://davidklein.de/dark/Netflix_Dark_Families.png

I recommend listening to the dubbed English and the English subtitles at the same time. Sometimes they are slightly different.

i start season 2 tonight
(had to get Jessica Jones out of the way ? )
LOVED season 1

evidently all of germany is geeked for this show bc it shows they can do quality tv too - seemingly they do mostly hackey melodrama?? (but babylon berlin was pretty dang good too)

I feel like I miss so much while reading subtitles but the trailer looks good. I’ll put it on my list. Thanks

I'm about halfway through season 2. Amazing show. I hope that no one is kept from watching it because it's in German. I'd have to disagree with listening to the dubbed English though, sounds ridiculous to me. Just the subtitles.

Thanks for that family tree, things can get really confusing.

As much as I love it though, I'm hoping that it comes to a conclusion at the end of season 2, which I think it will. It's just not the kind of show that should keep dragging on.

At the end of ep 4 in season 2 is the biggest HOLY SHIRT! moment of the series.

I feel like I miss so much while reading subtitles but the trailer looks good. I’ll put it on my list. Thanks

I'm the opposite. I find myself putting on subtitles on almost every movie I watch now. The subtitles show so much background noises that you don't even hear otherwise, like background conversations or tv/radio. Some of those things are quite relevant and would have been totally missed without the subtitles.

I'm the opposite. I find myself putting on subtitles on almost every movie I watch now. The subtitles show so much background noises that you don't even hear otherwise, like background conversations or tv/radio. Some of those things are quite relevant and would have been totally missed without the subtitles.
I'm the same way, I can hardly watch anything without subtitles, no matter the language.

As much as I love it though, I'm hoping that it comes to a conclusion at the end of season 2, which I think it will. It's just not the kind of show that should keep dragging on.

It has been conirmed that there will be a season 3 and that it will be the final season. I agree that you just can't keep a mystery-themed show going forever (Lost?). Glad the showrunners can have a final date/plot in mind and wrap up the story.

True, I watched Overlord with subtitles and caught a lot more background stuff.

But this show is so complex that by the time season 3 comes out I'm going to have to watch seasons 1 and 2 all over again....

Thank you for this post. I binged idk how many episodes over last 2 days.

I love time/space paradox type shows/movies. This one is really done well.

Just finished season 2 and I think this show may be in my top 3 all time. This is the most well-done time travel show or movie ever. They keep making sense of things that at first don't make sense and it's so satisfying.

Like the dad hanging himself in the first scene of the show, that made no sense to me...until towards the end of season 2 when they tied it into the story beautifully.

And Mikkel just seemingly transporting to the 80s from the woods...the entire show that was sorta a sticking point for me. I thought "well, what, did he just decide to go climbing into the cave when everyone else was scared and running away? That makes no sense." There was finally a superb explanation for this and it made me like the show all that much more.

...interesting hint about season 3 at the end of season 2, and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Just finished season 2 and I think this show may be in my top 3 all time. This is the most well-done time travel show or movie ever. They keep making sense of things that at first don't make sense and it's so satisfying.

Like the dad hanging himself in the first scene of the show, that made no sense to me...until towards the end of season 2 when they tied it into the story beautifully.

And Mikkel just seemingly transporting to the 80s from the woods...the entire show that was sorta a sticking point for me. I thought "well, what, did he just decide to go climbing into the cave when everyone else was scared and running away? That makes no sense." There was finally a superb explanation for this and it made me like the show all that much more.

...interesting hint about season 3 at the end of season 2, and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

i just finished ep 4 s 2.

This show is bad arse

finally got around to catching up on this show

beautifully scripted

time paradox story telling is extremely difficult and yet this show really draws you in and reveals it's twists with graceful precision

a premeditated 3rd season is setting this show up to be one of the best on netflix

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom