Saints Darlymple: Another example that the quality of Saints coaches is anchored deeply top to bottom (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
The article below was posted on the SR.com news page last month, and has flown under the radar, but it needs to get a little love. Dan Darylmple was recognized as the TOP Strength and Conditioning coach among all 32 teams.

Ho hum, you might say.

Well, a closer analysis of the Saints' performance in the 2018/19 season showed that the team had stallions when some other teams had Shetland ponies.

Comparing 4th quarter TD's:

Saints scored 19 of their 60 TD's (32% came in the 4th quarter)
Opponents scored 12 of their 44 TD's (27% came in the 4th quarter)

Not only did the Saints score more TD's, they scored at a higher rate (in the 4th quarter) than their opponents. Those of you who have played sports KNOW that you can tell the teams that have had proper conditioning. The players who are tired put their hands on their hips, bow over a bit, or look really winded... stick out like a sore thumb.

Our Position coaches are great. But if the players "look like Tarzan, but play like Jane..." we can't compete.

Thanks to Big Dan Dalrymple, the Saints' players have access to the BEST strength and conditioning program in the NFL. :9:

Every little edge we have enhances our chances for seeing LombardiGras 2020.

:gosaints:

Last edited:
yeah but whats his max on the bench bro??

joking, actually i wonder how we are doing injury wise with him here vs when he wasnt?

actually i wonder how we are doing injury wise with him here vs when he wasnt?
Heh. If there is a secret to it, I doubt he'd share it with any of us. He was one of Payton's first hires so I don't think he has anything to do with the injuries. I'd say that strength and conditioning hasn't really been a low point ever in the Payton tenure. I've never seen our whole defense looking gassed, even when they were some of the worst defenses ever, at the ends of games. Even less so now with more ball control offense.

After the Delvin Breaux debacle when the team fired 4 doctors, they seem to have revamped the medical staff and then the injuries went down.

He was one of Payton's first hires so I don't think he has anything to do with the injuries.

InsideJob: You may be right.

Then again, he may have modified his approach enough (i.e.: going back to what works) to have it positively affect the players' ability to minimize injury. After all... he was just recognized for his efforts last year, which coincides with the reduced injuries on the roster.

Darlymple last won the award in 2009... and we all know what happened that year! :ezbill:

JMO

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom