Darnold traded to Panthers (1 Viewer)

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
He was overrated as hell at USC too. I watched almost every USC game his last year at the school and didn't think he was anything special. But like everyone else from USC he gets way overhyped
We will see. I liked what I saw from his rookie season

neworleanshoo

hoodat
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Geez. I would've taken him for that - especially since he still has another year left on the rookie deal to see how it works out, and they're in rebuild mode right now anyway. Good deal for the Panthers IMO.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
They’re basically in the same state of QB we are in.

Hoping a change of scenery/new coaching elevates a QB with potential to reach his ceiling. Just like I doubt NFC South fans are losing sleep over Jameis, we shouldn’t lose sleep over Darnold.

Not until either QB gives opposing fans a reason to.
I think we are in slightly better shape with Jamies (at least I hope so). I have mixed feelings, I think Darnold has some potential but he turns the ball over....alot....and unless they upgrade that oline it really isn't going to matter much.

But those saying they didn't give up much for him? Since when did a 2nd and a 4th round pick (even if next year) equate to not much....

jasonsw

Long live Duke and Goose
Reaction score
I think we are in slightly better shape with Jamies (at least I hope so). I have mixed feelings, I think Darnold has some potential but he turns the ball over....alot....and unless they upgrade that oline it really isn't going to matter much.

But those saying they didn't give up much for him? Since when did a 2nd and a 4th round pick (even if next year) equate to not much....
Exactly N.O gave up no draft picks for Winston. I still think Winston has more upside then Darnold. Im just glad N.O doesn't have to deal with a in his prime Cam Newton.

ozwego15

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Panthers are the only team that was actually interested in Darnold. The comp isn't bad either. This could go either way. Either Joe Brady makes him look like Burrow from his Heisman season or this blows up in their face.

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It says the Panthers were the sole suitor for Darnold. Saints had no interest in him. We’re drafting a QB. Not sure which round but we will take one.

As for the Panthers, I don’t think they will draft a QB in the first round. They must have liked 3 QBs and after the 49ers traded up they made the move to get Darnold. They have needs on defense. They might take Micah Parsons or an edge rusher.

jasonsw

Long live Duke and Goose
Reaction score
It says the Panthers were the sole suitor for Darnold. Saints had no interest in him. We’re drafting a QB. Not sure which round but we will take one.

As for the Panthers, I don’t think they will draft a QB in the first round. They must have liked 3 QBs and after the 49ers traded up they made the move to get Darnold. They have needs on defense. They might take Micah Parsons or an edge rusher.
Theres only two QBs that i have interest in Saints drafting, Mac Jones or Trask if they are still available when Saints pick. If not I hope they avoid picking one.

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Exactly N.O gave up no draft picks for Winston. I still think Winston has more upside then Darnold. Im just glad N.O doesn't have to deal with a in his prime Cam Newton.
Yes... Scam caused us so many problems. I just wish he was still there 🙄

Optimistic Ozzy

Bleeder of Black and Gold
Reaction score
Now watch them draft a serious weapon to go with he and CMAC. I don't like this at all.

Infoman

You're a Towel!
Reaction score
Good move for them if it pans out long term... With Teddy under contract this year... Low risk high reward and they keep their 1st rounder.

I do think this move means they do not draft a QB in the 1st this year...

Booker

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm guessing with San Francisco moving up they're not expecting one of the quarterbacks they like to be available anymore. They could still take one at eight if someones slides unexpectedly, which would depend on which quarterbacks go at two and three, and whether Atlanta takes another one at four, but more likely they draft a different position now. Hopefully not Ja'Marr Chase.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)